GCSE History

Watch this thread
average_human
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Does anybody mind checking the answers I've written to these 4 markers? I just want to make sure I get all the marks.

Thank you in advance

B) Study interpretations 1 and 2. They give different views about the challenges facing the Weimar Republic in the years 1919-23. What is the main difference between the views? Explain your answer using details from both interpretations [4 marks]
Interpretation 1 argues that the Weimar Republic was weakened by political problems. For example, the extreme left and right-wing refused to accept the new, democratic Weimar Republic. However, Interpretation 2 argues that the Weimar Republic was weakened by economic problems. For example, it talks about the occupation of the Ruhr where lots of workers went on strike, and the government printed more money to pay them, which ruined the economy and led to hyperinflation.

C) Suggest one reason why interpretations 1 and 2 give different views about the challenges facing the Weimar Republic in the years 1919-1923? [4 marks]
Interpretation 1 argues for a political weakness of Weimar. This is because it has relied on evidence such as Source B which suggest that extremist groups like the Freikorps undermined Weimar. However, Interpretation 2 argues that the economic issues Weimar faced were the main problem. This is because it has relied on evidence such as Source C which suggests that hyperinflation was a massive issue facing Weimar.
average_human
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
(Original post by average_human)
Does anybody mind checking the answers I've written to these 4 markers? I just want to make sure I get all the marks.

Thank you in advance

B) Study interpretations 1 and 2. They give different views about the challenges facing the Weimar Republic in the years 1919-23. What is the main difference between the views? Explain your answer using details from both interpretations [4 marks]
Interpretation 1 argues that the Weimar Republic was weakened by political problems. For example, the extreme left and right-wing refused to accept the new, democratic Weimar Republic. However, Interpretation 2 argues that the Weimar Republic was weakened by economic problems. For example, it talks about the occupation of the Ruhr where lots of workers went on strike, and the government printed more money to pay them, which ruined the economy and led to hyperinflation.

C) Suggest one reason why interpretations 1 and 2 give different views about the challenges facing the Weimar Republic in the years 1919-1923? [4 marks]
Interpretation 1 argues for a political weakness of Weimar. This is because it has relied on evidence such as Source B which suggest that extremist groups like the Freikorps undermined Weimar. However, Interpretation 2 argues that the economic issues Weimar faced were the main problem. This is because it has relied on evidence such as Source C which suggests that hyperinflation was a massive issue facing Weimar.
Name:  in1.PNG
Views: 49
Size:  75.3 KBName:  in2.PNG
Views: 46
Size:  81.5 KB
TheHistoryNerd_
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi there! Year 12 here. Nobody has answered you yet, so I thought I'd give it a shot! Both these answers seem pretty good to me and I would definitely be looking to give full marks to both. I did AQA history with slightly different questions but the structure appears to be the same here, with 4 markers you can definitely get away with just doing the same 2 sentences x2 for full marks.
average_human
Rep:
(Original post by TheHistoryNerd_)
Hi there! Year 12 here. Nobody has answered you yet, so I thought I'd give it a shot! Both these answers seem pretty good to me and I would definitely be looking to give full marks to both. I did AQA history with slightly different questions but the structure appears to be the same here, with 4 markers you can definitely get away with just doing the same 2 sentences x2 for full marks.
Hi, appreciate you taking the time to look at these !

Thanks
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
pretty good
average_human
Rep:
(Original post by tinygirl96)
pretty good
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (22)
30.99%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (26)
36.62%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (5)
7.04%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
4.23%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
5.63%
I’m starting to consider my university options (9)
12.68%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.41%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.41%

Watched Threads