Hurt knee Watch

This discussion is closed.
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hi guys. A few weeks ago, I was playing football and I found that my knee was hurting. It wasn't paining a lot, but a dull sort of pain, which came up every so often. I still get that, and even when I do a bit of exercise, it hurts a bit. I've got one of those knee supports and that really helps, but is there anything else I can do? I've been doingsome stretches to try and strengthen my knee (keeping leg extended for 10 seconds). What else can I do? How long will this last? And I have no intention to stop playing football. I've had 3 weeks rest, and the knee can still sometimes hurt a bit.
Thanks guys in advance
nikk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I recommend an immediate knee replacement.
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by NikNak)
I recommend an immediate knee replacement.
Ahem! No missing any football practices!
Sam_B
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
get yourself to a doctor!

i had the same thing on my knee, and they thought i had ripped a tendon or something like that (i thought that was a bit OTT though).

all i can say is that if there is pain, get it fixed
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sam_B)
get yourself to a doctor!

i had the same thing on my knee, and they thought i had ripped a tendon or something like that (i thought that was a bit OTT though).

all i can say is that if there is pain, get it fixed
But it would take weeks to get an appointment. It's not like it's an emergency or anything.
MorbidAngel
Badges: 11
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
But it would take weeks to get an appointment. It's not like it's an emergency or anything.
it might be. pain is there for a reason
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Hi guys. A few weeks ago, I was playing football and I found that my knee was hurting. It wasn't paining a lot, but a dull sort of pain, which came up every so often. I still get that, and even when I do a bit of exercise, it hurts a bit. I've got one of those knee supports and that really helps, but is there anything else I can do? I've been doingsome stretches to try and strengthen my knee (keeping leg extended for 10 seconds). What else can I do? How long will this last? And I have no intention to stop playing football. I've had 3 weeks rest, and the knee can still sometimes hurt a bit.
Thanks guys in advance
:eek: ask hermione to fix it for you

hmm, id suggest a doctors appointment to make sure that there is nothing wrong. If you play football you could hurt your injury even more and not be able to practice for even longer. Get an appointment
glance
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Thanks guys in advance
I'd sort it out now so you're good for the nice summer weather
ponjavic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've had something similar, got it first two years ago then it has been coming on and off. For me there really isn't anything I can do, just wait til it passes...
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Phone NHS direct and talk to them. Ask what they think and then see if there is a doctors out of hours near you. Ours is attached to the hospital so they can send you for test straight away if they think its neccessary. In the mean time ibuproren gel (relgex is the best) and maybe some aspirin.
glance
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by frost105)
Phone NHS direct and talk to them. Ask what they think and then see if there is a doctors out of hours near you. Ours is attached to the hospital so they can send you for test straight away if they think its neccessary. In the mean time ibuproren gel (relgex is the best) and maybe some aspirin.
Deep Heat is lovely...so warm and...deep
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by frost105)
Is that just for muscle, cos i don't think that this is muscle. It seems like the bone which is hurt. I reckon deep heat cream won't help much cos that's for muscles as well.
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by ponjavic)
I've had something similar, got it first two years ago then it has been coming on and off. For me there really isn't anything I can do, just wait til it passes...
Did you go see a doctor to see what it was?
glance
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Is that just for muscle, cos i don't think that this is muscle. It seems like the bone which is hurt. I reckon deep heat cream won't help much cos that's for muscles as well.
Ah yeh, deep heat is aching muscles. Does this feel like something wrong with the actual joint?
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Ibuprofen gel will help with any soft tissue injuey but it is only a short term solution. Deep heat isnt as strong as relgex thats why i'd recommend that. Though you have had this pain for a while so go see the doctor. There is no point sitting around with the pain.
Policingman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
deep heat is good, but it feels so funny when u put it on and doesnt last forever..

u shud get ur self to a doctor bro... just to get it checked out

_Cr
ponjavic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Did you go see a doctor to see what it was?
Yup, my mom and her sister are doctors then I also spoke to one of our basketball coaches.
It seems as though I have bad joints. So when I practice much and intensly the knee will get sore. My shoulder has also been dislocated 2-3 times. This doesn't keep me from playing basketball perfectly well though and the pain lasts for 2 weeks-a month and then completely passes...
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Surely it'd be better to make an appointment now -even if it won’t be for some time, at least its set. Especially as the problem seems to be long term, it'd be well worth getting it looked at professionally.

I know on my Mum's side of the family there have been a lot of knee-related problems and operations have had to be had etc.

Take care!
Xenon
Rep:
?
I talked to my friend who's in her last year of physiotherapy, and she said that it could be that of of the muscles on either side of my knee cap is stronger pulling it to one side, and that tape and muscle strngthening exercises might help it set (pain seems to be on sides of knee cap).
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
I talked to my friend who's in her last year of physiotherapy, and she said that it could be that of of the muscles on either side of my knee cap is stronger pulling it to one side, and that tape and muscle strngthening exercises might help it set (pain seems to be on sides of knee cap).
Seriously just go to the docs and stop being a woman!!!!

If she is wrong then you could make your knee worse.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1066)
79.02%
Leave (283)
20.98%

Watched Threads