OCR Classics A Level 2021 Year 13

Watch
GeorginaHolmes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
To any Year 13s taking their OCR Classics A level this year: I've decided to start a thread. I’m doing World of the Hero, Greek Theatre and Love and Relationships.
Last edited by GeorginaHolmes; 1 month ago
MegaCoco
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey there, what a coincidence I’m actually doing the same subjects!
nogoodusersleft
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm doing all of the same topics as well!
Venusplants
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Same subjects too! Aeneid, Odyssey, Sappho and Ovid
Venusplants
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What do you guys think of the exam cancellation?
MegaCoco
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Venusplants)
What do you guys think of the exam cancellation?
For me it’s a complete pain as I’m a private candidate, so I’ve nowhere to get grades from and which in turn means I won’t be able to live up to my Uni offer for this year after not being able to take my exams last year. How about you?
GeorginaHolmes
Rep:
?
(Original post by MegaCoco)
Hey there, what a coincidence I’m actually doing the same subjects!
(Original post by nogoodusersleft)
I'm doing all of the same topics as well!
(Original post by Venusplants)
Same subjects too! Aeneid, Odyssey, Sappho and Ovid
Wow - there are so few people who take Classics that I didn't expect many responses, but great to see others doing the same topics!

I don't know how to feel about exam cancellation, I think my school is still going ahead with doing mocks to resemble the exams. There is just so much content for Classics, and OCR questions are so vague.
GeorginaHolmes
Rep:
?
How far has everyone got with their courses? We're quite behind on Theatre (Frogs) and the Aeneid, but should be finishing Ovid very soon.
MegaCoco
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Elizabloom)
How far has everyone got with their courses? We're quite behind on Theatre (Frogs) and the Aeneid, but should be finishing Ovid very soon.
I’m behind on the Aeneid and only have a bit more left on Love and Relationships. But I’m happy with my progress with Greek Theatre.
nogoodusersleft
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Elizabloom)
We did Greek Theatre and The Iliad next year, I'm not sure how they'll assess us on work this year because our Theatre teacher isn't teaching us this year. We've almost finished The Aeneid, but we've got a way to go on Love + Relationships which is a bit worrying but we'll see how it goes!
GeorginaHolmes
Rep:
?
Well, if anybody has any questions - I'm sure we could help each other our on here.

How much does your teacher say you need quotes, for texts it seems a little more obvious but for Ovid and Sappho it's a little tricky? I tried to categorise quotes by specification themes, but the the practice questions are much more abstract ('Who's view on love is easiest to follow?' and for Theatre 'Which play would be easiest to stage?').

Equally, I'm not sure how much detail we need to know the lesser known themes (Life in the Greek and Trojan Camps) and characters (Nestor) for World of the Hero.

I know we're not doing external exams, but I've heard exam boards may be writing papers for our teachers to assess us on. With my school, we're essentially still doing exams.
Last edited by GeorginaHolmes; 1 month ago
GeorginaHolmes
Rep:
?
What grade is everyone aiming for in Classics? I know hardly anyone gets A*s, and no one in my school has in Classics, but I'm aiming for that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (71)
12.18%
Virtual campus tours/open days (142)
24.36%
Live streaming events (51)
8.75%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
9.43%
A uni comparison tool (135)
23.16%
An in-person event when available (129)
22.13%