The Student Room Group

anyone else extremely lonely in lockdown

sadly living alone in a flat since flatmate left to go home in november cos all uni teaching moved online

cant go home due to family stuff

we have exams coming up so its not like i can just talk to friends whenever

also feeling like its really difficult to stick to a schedule since i have no structure in my life rn, its so weird how being alone makes everything go out of wack, or is this just me??
Original post by Anonymous
sadly living alone in a flat since flatmate left to go home in november cos all uni teaching moved online

also feeling like its really difficult to stick to a schedule since i have no structure in my life rn, its so weird how being alone makes everything go out of wack, or is this just me??

your'e not alone in this at ALL! I'm feeling like this and I'm pretty sure almost everyone is feeling like this because we are all in the same boat. nothing's permanent remember ,one day you will be able to go home again, go to uni etc. cut yourself some slack this situation is hard and things will get better. hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
your'e not alone in this at ALL! I'm feeling like this and I'm pretty sure almost everyone is feeling like this because we are all in the same boat. nothing's permanent remember ,one day you will be able to go home again, go to uni etc. cut yourself some slack this situation is hard and things will get better. hope this helps :smile:

thank you <3 its just hard when uni are expecting so much of us (at least my course is) when everything is weird rn and i dont feel like myself at alllll, like i used to be such a hard worker and i couldnt imagine how it felt to not be in the mood to study, but these days i cant motivate myself to do it :/

but youre right, it will all work out someday, just need to try my best

Do you have any tips for setting up a schedule to get things done?

Hey @Anonymous

Sorry to hear that you’re feeling this way! I’m feeling like this but as @Anonymous # 2 says nothing is permanent. Trying to get a study routine during exams is hard enough when you don’t have lectures and I really miss the routine and something to get up for in the morning.

I try and do some studying during the day and get up early then I have the rest of the evening to relax. I usually aim to study for at least 5 hours a day (depending when my exam is) so that I’m not putting too much pressure on myself and take little breaks throughout the day. I like to go outside for a walk during my lunch break. I feel that cramming a lot of studying into the one day can have the opposite effect as when I don’t get everything done I feel like I haven’t been productive at all (although I have done some work). I usually go on zoom calls in the evening with my friends, just to have a chat and cup of tea and we try and do a weekly quiz together :smile:

Melissa- Student Ambassador
Reply 4
Original post by University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
Hey @Anonymous

Sorry to hear that you’re feeling this way! I’m feeling like this but as @Anonymous # 2 says nothing is permanent. Trying to get a study routine during exams is hard enough when you don’t have lectures and I really miss the routine and something to get up for in the morning.

I try and do some studying during the day and get up early then I have the rest of the evening to relax. I usually aim to study for at least 5 hours a day (depending when my exam is) so that I’m not putting too much pressure on myself and take little breaks throughout the day. I like to go outside for a walk during my lunch break. I feel that cramming a lot of studying into the one day can have the opposite effect as when I don’t get everything done I feel like I haven’t been productive at all (although I have done some work). I usually go on zoom calls in the evening with my friends, just to have a chat and cup of tea and we try and do a weekly quiz together :smile:

Melissa- Student Ambassador

Thank you Melissa I'll keep all of that in mind!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending