stupidgirl111
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
i applied to 4 courses at the same university and 1 other uni.

Uni A:
-history and philosophy(BBC)
-politics and philosophy(BBC)
-Politics, religion and philosophy(BBC)
-philosophy, religion and ethics(BCC).

so my ucas prediction grades are BCC, so my teachers might give me that again after my mocks for CAG.

should I applied to the BBC courses and risk my place or go safe and pick option 4.
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by stupidgirl111)

should I applied to the BBC courses and risk my place or go safe and pick option 4.
I'd recommend that you don't apply for more than two courses asking for grades above your predictions, plus three the same as your predictions.
stupidgirl111
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
I'd recommend that you don't apply for more than two courses asking for grades above your predictions, plus three the same as your predictions.
I already applied. I got all 5 offers and they were the ones above.
the other one at a different uni I dislike.
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Which course do you actually want to do - only you can decide that.
stupidgirl111
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
Which course do you actually want to do - only you can decide that.
philosophy, theology and ethics.
Kogomogo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Can you firm one of your BBC choices and insurance on the BCC one? Pick the one you want to do the most and have the BCC as a backup in case grades don't pan out. No point having a firm and insurance that need the same grades or you'll get rejected from both if you don't do well enough.
stupidgirl111
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kogomogo)
Can you firm one of your BBC choices and insurance on the BCC one? Pick the one you want to do the most and have the BCC as a backup in case grades don't pan out. No point having a firm and insurance that need the same grades or you'll get rejected from both if you don't do well enough
I need to firm the one I want so I get a grade reduction. Thats why the grades are so low. They were initially like ABB/ABB.
Kogomogo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I need to firm the one I want so I get a grade reduction. Thats why the grades are so low. They were initially like ABB/ABB.
Which do you want to do the most? Only you can really decide that. Philosophy seems a common theme but history, politics and religion are all very different kinds of subjects so down to you as to which you prefer. Is it like a dual honours type thing or is it a philosophical slant on history / politics / religion?

You'll have a better idea of what grades you might realistically be able to achieve too, based on any previous tests. Could always try a few mocks or have a good talk with your tutor perhaps?
stupidgirl111
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kogomogo)
Which do you want to do the most? Only you can really decide that. Philosophy seems a common theme but history, politics and religion are all very different kinds of subjects so down to you as to which you prefer. Is it like a dual honours type thing or is it a philosophical slant on history / politics / religion?

You'll have a better idea of what grades you might realistically be able to achieve too, based on any previous tests. Could always try a few mocks or have a good talk with your tutor perhaps?
i want to do the philosophy, religion and ethics but it may have less job prospects. If I picked history(although boring) I might be able to have more career options open
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
philosophy, theology and ethics.
Then firm it. What's the problem in doing so?
stupidgirl111
Rep:
?
(Original post by ageshallnot)
Then firm it. What's the problem in doing so?
i firmed it, but whilst it might be a fun course there are no jobs for it.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
i firmed it, but whilst it might be a fun course there are no jobs for it.
Doesn't that apply to all your choices?
stupidgirl111
Rep:
?
(Original post by ageshallnot)
Doesn't that apply to all your choices?
yeah it kinda does, except the history and philosopy one. I can easily find a job with a history degree, but might struggle with a philosophy only one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (97)
39.43%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
10.98%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.32%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.17%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.2%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.91%

Watched Threads