The Student Room Group

Having to finalise GCSE Drama devised pieces already

Hi, I'm in Year 10 and our class has been working on our devised pieces for only a short time, when tonight we got a message from our teacher that he needs a Powerpoint by next Friday telling him about the final details of:

1) Brief synopsis of your plot and what you intend your piece of theatre to be.
2) A breakdown of the scenes including what you intend to create in each scene so you must explain whether the scene is, for example, a naturalistic acting scene, a physical theatre scene, a dance, a choreographed fight, characters talking directly to the audience and breaking the 4th wall, a song/music piece, puppetry scene, scene using film or mass media etc.as well as what is to occur.
3) The main characters and what each student will play
4) How long you intend the piece to be
5) How you intend to make it original and inventive.

This all seems to be a lot to completely sort out within the next 7 days when we've not had a lot of in-class time and we aren't recording them until May (I do realise this time is going to fly by!) considering we have only just been told about it. Is this normal for Drama or is our group just going into a bit of a panic:biggrin:
Reply 1
Original post by KaiRothwell
Hi, I'm in Year 10 and our class has been working on our devised pieces for only a short time, when tonight we got a message from our teacher that he needs a Powerpoint by next Friday telling him about the final details of:

1) Brief synopsis of your plot and what you intend your piece of theatre to be.
2) A breakdown of the scenes including what you intend to create in each scene so you must explain whether the scene is, for example, a naturalistic acting scene, a physical theatre scene, a dance, a choreographed fight, characters talking directly to the audience and breaking the 4th wall, a song/music piece, puppetry scene, scene using film or mass media etc.as well as what is to occur.
3) The main characters and what each student will play
4) How long you intend the piece to be
5) How you intend to make it original and inventive.

This all seems to be a lot to completely sort out within the next 7 days when we've not had a lot of in-class time and we aren't recording them until May (I do realise this time is going to fly by!) considering we have only just been told about it. Is this normal for Drama or is our group just going into a bit of a panic:biggrin:

Wow, that’s a lot (even for drama 😂 🎭!!) I hope u and ur group manage to work through it -as a fellow drama student I think ur right to panic... but YOU CAN DO IT ! 😂🥳
Reply 2
Original post by imj32
Wow, that’s a lot (even for drama 😂 🎭!!) I hope u and ur group manage to work through it -as a fellow drama student I think ur right to panic... but YOU CAN DO IT ! 😂🥳

Thank you! We managed to get a lot done today so things are looking a lot more hopeful! Thank god for an extra hour we got because of cancelled PSHE... good luck with your drama!
Reply 3
Original post by KaiRothwell
Thank you! We managed to get a lot done today so things are looking a lot more hopeful! Thank god for an extra hour we got because of cancelled PSHE... good luck with your drama!

Congrats for getting stuff done and good luck to you to🎉 :smile: thank you so much 💓

Quick Reply

Latest