The Student Room Group

Not one female finds me attractive in the slightest

Can any absolute gurus with the ladies point me in the right direction cause im about as much use as an ashtray on the back of a motorbike at the moment. Nae idea what I'm doing wrong

Scroll to see replies

Well could you elaborate further on your problems? Have you been taking the initiative?
Reply 2
Original post by yeye21
Well could you elaborate further on your problems? Have you been taking the initiative?

Just seems to me as if they always want better and im never enough for anyone, really winds me up tbh
Reply 3
Well unless you are a handsome man, if you are average or ugly it is not easy

You have to get a good job, own a house, own a car to get a proper girlfriend or wife

If you want flings or sex, go to a prostitute
Original post by Anonymous
Can any absolute gurus with the ladies point me in the right direction cause im about as much use as an ashtray on the back of a motorbike at the moment. Nae idea what I'm doing wrong

Have you tried Google, for a bit of help with your issue?

I can think of 5 youtubers that give the same basic advice, but in different flavours that would - probably - help you a lot.
There's been a few threads on this subject on this section of the forum over the last couple of months.

Find out what constitutes good man to woman social skills, then face down your fears and go out and practise these skills.
Original post by MicDrop
Well unless you are a handsome man, if you are average or ugly it is not easy

You have to get a good job, own a house, own a car to get a proper girlfriend or wife

If you want flings or sex, go to a prostitute

I got my first girlfriend when I was a poverty stricken student, with no job, rented room, no car and I would describe myself as not bad look but not particularly handsome.

Looking back on it, it was easy, once I figured a few things out and sorted out my inner world and attitude.

Most of my male friends at uni got girlfriends sooner or later, regardless of their looks, lack of money and lack of a car.

It's great marketing for the car, mortgage, gym, clothing, hairdressing, grooming products companies to associate buying their products with getting a girlfriend.
But that's all it is. Great marketing. You can fall for the marketing like a sheep. Or you can be an eagle and make your own way in life without following the herd.

Whilst looks, money, status symbols are of some importance when it comes to getting a girlfriend, they are a lot less important than good man to woman social skills.
Just seems to me as if they always want better and im never enough for anyone, really winds me up tbh

A girl new knows what they want and who they want. You just haven't found the one and if your young you'll be reet, if you wanna probate message me to chat about it go for it and we can go into detail and stuff
Reply 6
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Have you tried Google, for a bit of help with your issue?

I can think of 5 youtubers that give the same basic advice, but in different flavours that would - probably - help you a lot.
There's been a few threads on this subject on this section of the forum over the last couple of months.

Find out what constitutes good man to woman social skills, then face down your fears and go out and practise these skills.

I got my first girlfriend when I was a poverty stricken student, with no job, rented room, no car and I would describe myself as not bad look but not particularly handsome.

Looking back on it, it was easy, once I figured a few things out and sorted out my inner world and attitude.

Most of my male friends at uni got girlfriends sooner or later, regardless of their looks, lack of money and lack of a car.

It's great marketing for the car, mortgage, gym, clothing, hairdressing, grooming products companies to associate buying their products with getting a girlfriend.
But that's all it is. Great marketing. You can fall for the marketing like a sheep. Or you can be an eagle and make your own way in life without following the herd.

Whilst looks, money, status symbols are of some importance when it comes to getting a girlfriend, they are a lot less important than good man to woman social skills.

Your just lucky.

And times have changed tbh. A lot of girls nowadays are sugar babies and only want successful or men with good jobs or handsome men
Reply 7
I think you're attractive anon. Those two gray blobs and poor grammar.. :fan:

Get some hobbies, dress nicely, socialize with women and mutual friends. Someone is bound to find you attractive at some point, dont rush it in the meantime.
Oi oi son, your (self-proclaimed) guru is here.

Alright all cringe aside, what have you been doing to try and pull so far? What's your technique? Have you been working on yourself? Hitting the gym, grooming yourself etc?
No offence to anyone, but at times we all dream and most of us know our limits and aim accordingly. At times one needs to lower ones aim. I'm
nothing especially especially as I get older but my OH is a lot better looking than me, better educated, more sensible, more caring, more socially adept, etc, etc - some of my so called did say i was lucky. At times things happen, good things.

I think you’re probably just approaching all the same kinda wrong girls. It’s really easy to attract the same type of people into your life once you get into that cycle
You will be attractive to girls, you just need to pitch more towards them, and yes I’ve probably been rejected dozens of times in my life. Find girls who are keen on meeting guys and befriend them. Find girls through friends and family.
Original post by MicDrop
Your just lucky.

And times have changed tbh. A lot of girls nowadays are sugar babies and only want successful or men with good jobs or handsome men

This is complete and utter nonsense and quite insulting to many of the female students reading this.
For sure some women are very transactional and money motivated. But most aren't. Most women are normal people.

The only luck that I had was being born with the brains to self-analyse and to realise where I was going wrong and to go ahead and change it.

What I changed had nothing to do with money or looks.

Original post by asif007

Intresting story in the video.

His friend was an idiot for getting upset because the model didn't go on a date with him.
His friend's mindset was far too negative and self-centred and he was taking his life far too seriously.
Instead of being upset that she blew him off, he should have been thinking "What can I do to help the next pretty woman I meet enjoy her time with me?" and "Where can I go to meet and talk to other beautiful women?" and "It's fine that she blew me off.
I would have done the same in her shoes." and "What does it matter whether the two of us became sexual partners? We'll both be dead in hundred years anyway."
Reply 14
This is complete and utter nonsense and quite insulting to many of the female students reading this.
For sure some women are very transactional and money motivated. But most aren't. Most women are normal people.

The only luck that I had was being born with the brains to self-analyse and to realise where I was going wrong and to go ahead and change it.

What I changed had nothing to do with money or looks.

Good for you. And let's be real men and women both have high expectations, but those expectations are not always realistic
Original post by Arthur_Morgan
Oi oi son, your (self-proclaimed) guru is here.

Alright all cringe aside, what have you been doing to try and pull so far? What's your technique? Have you been working on yourself? Hitting the gym, grooming yourself etc?

Cheers for the reply, eh well my personal hygiene is normal no much wrong with it at all. I'm of average build and I started going to the gym before lockdown and intend to keep going. All in all, I'm alright I'm probably not the most handsome person or I don't really rate myself much. Regarding technique that's probably where it's all going wrong like I get off to a strong start but maybe after 3 weeks of talking I start to fall away a bit and I'm no really sure why. It's probably down to my lack of experience like i have not got a clue how to progress with people and that.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
I think you're attractive anon. Those two gray blobs and poor grammar.. :fan:

Get some hobbies, dress nicely, socialize with women and mutual friends. Someone is bound to find you attractive at some point, dont rush it in the meantime.

Blame my grammar sorter thing on my computer for that one. Plus im from Dundee we speak a completely different language to everyone else in Scotland
Once I get my darts tour card in ill be raking the honeys in
Regarding technique that's probably where it's all going wrong like I get off to a strong start but maybe after 3 weeks of talking I start to fall away a bit and I'm no really sure why. It's probably down to my lack of experience like i have not got a clue how to progress with people and that.

3 weeks of talking?

Try focusing less on the talking less and more on the doing. Doing more fun / enjoyable / interesting / satisfying things with the women you meet.
3 weeks of talking?

Try focusing less on the talking less and more on the doing. Doing more fun / enjoyable / interesting / satisfying things with the women you meet.

Yeah its been like that cause of restrictions with covid and that quite tricky to do anything like that. I doubt they would want to do anything anyways tbf but always worth asking

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending