The Student Room Group

Predicted grade Mistake! What can i do?

i'm am currently panicking like crazy! i received a rejection email from one of my unis that said that i did not meet grade requirements when i was sure i did. i then emailed my referee who looked at my ucas and realized that he had in fact put my predicted grades down incorrectly! three of my five unis i no longer meet the threshold for including what i though would be my first and second choice! i'm really worried and my school has emailed ucas but at the moment has only received automated response! does anyone know what i can do or advise my school to do ? please i am so worried !!
Reply 1
That’s a crazy mistake on their part they should make it up to you by giving good actual grades😂
Firstly, don't panic, breath - mistakes do happen in the systems and I think you will find most people will do what they can to rectify things. I'd suggest that you (and/or the school) contact the admissions teams for the affected universities.
Original post by Tregi11
That’s a crazy mistake on their part they should make it up to you by giving good actual grades😂

Has yes that would be nice! But no use if I’ve got no offers from the unis I want to go to! Honestly I thought 2020 was bad but 2022 is utter trash !!
Original post by Tregi11

Original post by timleebcu
Firstly, don't panic, breath - mistakes do happen in the systems and I think you will find most people will do what they can to rectify things. I'd suggest that you (and/or the school) contact the admissions teams for the affected universities.

Hi thanks for the reassurance I really needed it I’ve legit just been sat crying for an hour. I know deep down that my school will probably be able to rectify the mistake but at the moment I feel really helpless and lost !
Original post by oliviaalexandera
does anyone know what i can do or advise my school to do ? please i am so worried !!

Have your school email the admissions team at each Uni choice with the correct predictions (along with a suitable apology).

When they’ve told you they’ve sent the emails, call each Uni yourself and check they have been received.
Original post by Admit-One
Have your school email the admissions team at each Uni choice with the correct predictions (along with a suitable apology).

When they’ve told you they’ve sent the emails, call each Uni yourself and check they have been received.

Ok yes I will pass this onto my referee and I will defiantly call each of the unis. Thank you for the advice it is much appreciated. Have you come across this issue before?
Ok yes I will pass this onto my referee and I will defiantly call each of the unis. Thank you for the advice it is much appreciated. Have you come across this issue before?

It does happen from time to time, yes. Technically it is up to each uni as to whether they wlil accept amendments, (especially if they have already returned a decision to UCAS), but with goodwill on their part then you may be okay.
Hi thank you to all those who responded you advice was very helpful! I just thought I’d give you a quick update and to let anyone know who has encountered the same issue what has happened so they can ease there panic! With my parents support we were able to highlight the urgency to my referee who today as phone each of my 5 unis to sort the issue. The four who I had not year heard from were super chill about it and were happy to change the incorrect grade on their system with an email from my referee, the uni I was rejected from because of the error we’re willing to change he grade and resubmit my application but said that it would take longer than usually for response as it had to be completely reprocessed. I am relived that it is all sorted now and now waiting for those offers 🤞🤞 if you find yourself in same situation the key thing is DO NOT PANIC! I kept myself awake all night worrying for something that was easily sorted with an email to my school! Best of luck and thanks 😊
Hi thank you to all those who responded you advice was very helpful! I just thought I’d give you a quick update and to let anyone know who has encountered the same issue what has happened so they can ease there panic! With my parents support we were able to highlight the urgency to my referee who today as phone each of my 5 unis to sort the issue. The four who I had not year heard from were super chill about it and were happy to change the incorrect grade on their system with an email from my referee, the uni I was rejected from because of the error we’re willing to change he grade and resubmit my application but said that it would take longer than usually for response as it had to be completely reprocessed. I am relived that it is all sorted now and now waiting for those offers 🤞🤞 if you find yourself in same situation the key thing is DO NOT PANIC! I kept myself awake all night worrying for something that was easily sorted with an email to my school! Best of luck and thanks 😊

Fantastic result and am happy to hear that the uni that had made a decision will revisit your application. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending