The Student Room Group

L.E.K. Summer Associate 'Applied' Numerical Reasoning Test & Two Additional Questions

Good evening all,

I am making this post to ask whether anyone could provide any tips on passing the L.E.K 'Applied' Numerical reasoning test alongside the 'two further questions'.

Preferably someone who has passed it! As I really want to successfully pass the test.

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by GOI983
Good evening all,

I am making this post to ask whether anyone could provide any tips on passing the L.E.K 'Applied' Numerical reasoning test alongside the 'two further questions'.

Preferably someone who has passed it! As I really want to successfully pass the test.

Thanks

I passed it - really similar to the practice test. Revise using GMAT questions. Good luck.
Reply 2
Original post by Summit
I passed it - really similar to the practice test. Revise using GMAT questions. Good luck.

Hi,

I wasn't given any practice tests. Where is the best place to source free GMAT questions in your opinion? How long did you spend practising also?
Reply 3
Original post by GOI983
Hi,

I wasn't given any practice tests. Where is the best place to source free GMAT questions in your opinion? How long did you spend practising also?

Isn't there a practice on the portal?

Just look online, many websites have free questions. I didn't really practice to be honest.
Reply 4
Original post by Summit
Isn't there a practice on the portal?

Just look online, many websites have free questions. I didn't really practice to be honest.

I assume you are good at maths or is it quite basic? I've been reaching out to individuals on LinkedIn who have interned there and one said it was basic maths? What about the two additional questions?
Reply 5
Original post by GOI983
I assume you are good at maths or is it quite basic? I've been reaching out to individuals on LinkedIn who have interned there and one said it was basic maths? What about the two additional questions?

The math is relatively basic, but what was interesting is that numbers are all written in words which is quite different from other tests. I am alright at math but nothing special.

The why management consulting question should be quite straightforward. Same for the challenge one.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Summit
The math is relatively basic, but what was interesting is that numbers are all written in words which is quite different from other tests. I am alright at math but nothing special.

The why management consulting question should be quite straightforward. Same for the challenge one

I just practiced on a website and saw what you meant with the numbers being surrounded by words. So the first question relates to 'why management consulting?' and the second one relates to what "challenge"?
How long is the test? Is it timed per question?
Reply 8
anyone here heard from EY parthenon?
Original post by mdawg69
anyone here heard from EY parthenon?

Yeah, invited to online assessments this afternoon.
Original post by Summit

Does LEK give feedback after taking the assessment?
Reply 11
I got rejected from OC&C Summer Internship couple days ago. I took the the test for L.E.K. a couple weeks back. Does anyone know how many marks out of 18 you have to get to progress on to the next stage.
Did you apply for the London office? I applied too but haven't heard back after CV
Original post by GOI983
Good evening all,

Thanks
Original post by ConsultingOrBank
Did you apply for the London office? I applied too but haven't heard back after CV

Yeah, this was for the London office. Unfortunately it seems to be bad news given the deadline for tests was Jan 22nd. Sorry and best of luck elsewhere!
Original post by OrangeSaber
Yeah, this was for the London office. Unfortunately it seems to be bad news given the Tdeadline for tests was Jan 22nd. Sorry and best of luck elsewhere!

Thanks mate.

Anyone heard back from McK yet?
Original post by ConsultingOrBank
Thanks mate.

Anyone heard back from McK yet?

Yeah, received Imbellus invite ~10 mins ago.
Original post by mdawg69
anyone heard from Teneo post tests?

Not yet!

Btw I'm wondering if all this general application talk for consulting internships should be split into its own thread, like the investment banking thread? @Smack?
Original post by Quirky Object
Not yet!

Btw I'm wondering if all this general application talk for consulting internships should be split into its own thread, like the investment banking thread? @Smack?

Done! Not sure what to call it so I just called in the Consulting Internships Thread - is that appropriate?
Reply 18
Anyone heard from FTI Consulting?
Original post by GOI983
Anyone heard from FTI Consulting?

Nothing yet since completing tests

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending