The Student Room Group

My bf grabbed my face and swore at me is this wrong?

So we were at a party. Everyone was talking about how many people they made out w. He said he kissed x amount. I got confused and started politely correcting him (ik the girl who i thought he kissed shes lovley idc if they did it was over a year ago this wasnt a jealous thing). He started getting annoyed and i started explaining why i thought that bc he himself told me (or at least i thought he did) etc.. the convo quickly ended we all got more drinks whatever.

He grabs my face (hes pissed btw) so tightly my eyes well up. Then quietly whispers to me that i am a ****ing **** a ****ing lying **** all of this. I am genuinley scared. Nothing happened afterwards other than i said loudly what he did so he couldnt touch me and got peoples attention.

We are now talking about it (its been idk a while btw bc obviously covid) he says that beh was not wrong and it was justified bc i was spreading lies.

I am not going crazy am i. This was wrong.
That is abuse and you shouldn't put up with an abuser. He won't change because he doesn't think he did anything wrong.
I agree this was wrong. And the fact that he's not even apologising to you for reacting that way makes it even worse. He has the right to be upset I suppose (don't really get why though) but he absolutely should not have acted that way.
Reply 3
Original post by DiddyDec
That is abuse and you shouldn't put up with an abuser. He won't change because he doesn't think he did anything wrong.

I tried to use the word abuse to make him take it seriously. I said this is abusive behaviour you do realise and how i get it was only the once etc..but he then started saying how im throwing false accusations around. And how bs i am and how he has "legitimate justification"
Original post by Anonymous
I tried to use the word abuse to make him take it seriously. I said this is abusive behaviour you do realise and how i get it was only the once etc..but he then started saying how im throwing false accusations around. And how bs i am and how he has "legitimate justification"

Leave him as quickly as possible. He will abuse you again.
Reply 5
Original post by dicotyledon
I agree this was wrong. And the fact that he's not even apologising to you for reacting that way makes it even worse. He has the right to be upset I suppose (don't really get why though) but he absolutely should not have acted that way.

Yeah i said that i was sorry for saying that and i am. Its just i would like an apology as i felt a bit scared (he isnt abusing me i am perfectly safe b4 everyone reaches conclusions). It was the one off and i think its bc he was sooo pissed (he doesnt normally act like this drunk either btw) but evenso i would like at least for him to admit it was wrong for future relationships etc...
Reply 6
Original post by DiddyDec
Leave him as quickly as possible. He will abuse you again.

Not to sound like that person but its been like a year. I think honestly he was just stressed about certain things and we were arguing a lot around that time and he didnt want to look bad in front of these new people. I am not making excuses hence why i would like an apology/acknowledgment of wrong doing however he ijust saw it as explaining to me (as i wasnt really listening to him)
Yeah i said that i was sorry for saying that and i am. Its just i would like an apology as i felt a bit scared (he isnt abusing me i am perfectly safe b4 everyone reaches conclusions). It was the one off and i think its bc he was sooo pissed (he doesnt normally act like this drunk either btw) but evenso i would like at least for him to admit it was wrong for future relationships etc...

I think you definitely deserve an apology.
Not to sound like that person but its been like a year. I think honestly he was just stressed about certain things and we were arguing a lot around that time and he didnt want to look bad in front of these new people. I am not making excuses hence why i would like an apology/acknowledgment of wrong doing however he ijust saw it as explaining to me (as i wasnt really listening to him)

That is entirely up to you.

There’s no excusing this, this is NOT normal behavior no matter what the circumstances, you can try to explain it away and make excuses, defend him but you are blinded by your feelings for him. You need to leave him because it will definitely happen again, if not something worse. No man should ever put their hands on you.

P.S I hope this was a party pre-lockdown... covid?
Original post by beneficialgirl
There’s no excusing this, this is NOT normal behavior no matter what the circumstances, you can try to explain it away and make excuses, defend him but you are blinded by your feelings for him. You need to leave him because it will definitely happen again, if not something worse. No man should ever put their hands on you.

P.S I hope this was a party pre-lockdown... covid?

Yeah i haven't made any excuses telling him this i told it to him straight. This was pre-lockdown and pre-covid dw it was like over a year ago now we were just talking about something semi relevant and i remembered and i remembered i never got an apology (its probably really knit picky ik).

He hasnt touched me since and tbh we r going to different countries for uni in a few months. I dont want to break up w him and i really dont see the need to either (ik this sounds naive but trust it really isnt like that i am perfectly safe we cannot see each other anyway due covid if that puts ur mind at ease). He has just apologised and didnt realise after i told him how i felt about it.
That was me about a year in to my marriage. It didn’t terribly escalate but it has never stopped. Infrequent - yes. But frequent enough that it had ultimately caused me to want to leave. Get out while you easily can.
Yeah i haven't made any excuses telling him this i told it to him straight. This was pre-lockdown and pre-covid dw it was like over a year ago now we were just talking about something semi relevant and i remembered and i remembered i never got an apology (its probably really knit picky ik).

He hasnt touched me since and tbh we r going to different countries for uni in a few months. I dont want to break up w him and i really dont see the need to either (ik this sounds naive but trust it really isnt like that i am perfectly safe we cannot see each other anyway due covid if that puts ur mind at ease). He has just apologised and didnt realise after i told him how i felt about it.

update? x

Latest

Trending

Trending