meganw03
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I’m about to start my second term in psychology A level and I’m only scoring 8/16 on essay questions and I seem to be getting roughly the same marks on my tests (half).
How do you ensure to maximise your marks and make sure that what you’re writing about is relevant and going to get you marks?
My recent essay question I got 8/16 and was told my structure was jumpy, how do I ensure that it flows?
All in all HELP I don’t know how to answer psychology questions efficiently. Any tips??
anon033
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by meganw03)
I’m about to start my second term in psychology A level and I’m only scoring 8/16 on essay questions and I seem to be getting roughly the same marks on my tests (half).
How do you ensure to maximise your marks and make sure that what you’re writing about is relevant and going to get you marks?
My recent essay question I got 8/16 and was told my structure was jumpy, how do I ensure that it flows?
All in all HELP I don’t know how to answer psychology questions efficiently. Any tips??
I do AQA and tend to do alright in 16 markers as I use the same basic structure. (I'm year 13)

There are different types of 16 markers e.g. outline and evaluate a concept. Do 2/3 paragraphs on the outline, depending on how much info/detail you can remember in the exam. For the evaluate, do 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses using PEC structure. Make your Point, use an Example, then Comment on it. Make it easy for the examiner to give you marks, like one strength of this is supporting evidence, for example this study, this is a strength because. Sounds overboard but works.

16 markers where you're given a situation divide their marks differently. AO1=6, A02=4, A03=6. So outline 2 paragraphs, link both of those paragraphs/points to the situation, and evaluate 2 paragraphs.

There is no easy way to get all the marks, but this is a good start to it. Timing is also an issue too, so a brief plan of what you want to say be help, but be aware of how long you have to answer the questions. Do practice tests and get your teacher to mark them for you. Maybe try revising a certain topic, use your notes to help answer the question, then ask the teacher to mark it and nail the technique. After that, just keep practising without looking at notes during to replicate how the real exam will be.
xFuturistic
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by anon033)
I do AQA and tend to do alright in 16 markers as I use the same basic structure. (I'm year 13)

There are different types of 16 markers e.g. outline and evaluate a concept. Do 2/3 paragraphs on the outline, depending on how much info/detail you can remember in the exam. For the evaluate, do 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses using PEC structure. Make your Point, use an Example, then Comment on it. Make it easy for the examiner to give you marks, like one strength of this is supporting evidence, for example this study, this is a strength because. Sounds overboard but works.

16 markers where you're given a situation divide their marks differently. AO1=6, A02=4, A03=6. So outline 2 paragraphs, link both of those paragraphs/points to the situation, and evaluate 2 paragraphs.

There is no easy way to get all the marks, but this is a good start to it. Timing is also an issue too, so a brief plan of what you want to say be help, but be aware of how long you have to answer the questions. Do practice tests and get your teacher to mark them for you. Maybe try revising a certain topic, use your notes to help answer the question, then ask the teacher to mark it and nail the technique. After that, just keep practising without looking at notes during to replicate how the real exam will be.
anon033meganw03

Hey there! I am selling the AQA A-Level Psychology 2019 Paper 1 Question paper if you are interested! Useful as teachers may give this for any mocks/tests you have as the paper is unreleased, and seeing as exams are cancelled, doing good on this paper will influence your final grade! If interested, give me a message.
Ragz.H.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How much are you selling the 2019 paper for???
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (39)
27.86%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (12)
8.57%
No I am happy with my choice (79)
56.43%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (10)
7.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed