The Student Room Group

I really like this guy but I am not too sure if he likes me ?

How would I know ( other than asking him ).

Scroll to see replies

Literally ask him. And if it doesn’t work out chalk it up as a learning experience.
You could try flirting with him a bit more, give him signals, wait for him to make a move. But i think he would appreciate if you showed some initiative.
Reply 3
Original post by agirlcalledtheo
You could try flirting with him a bit more, give him signals, wait for him to make a move. But i think he would appreciate if you showed some initiative.

What do you mean by signals and initiative and thank you for your advice !
Original post by Anonymous
What do you mean by signals and initiative and thank you for your advice !

Like i dunno, usually you can tell if someone likes you by how they look at you. Are they holding eye contact for longer. Do they usually gravitate towards you. Or are you always going up to them. Do you touch them. On the shoulder or arm. Do they touch you. Use your body language to show you are interested. If not... then use words.

And i just means that boys are always expected to make the first move. But so many of them dont. even when they want too. So he might be wondering the same thing. Not sure if you like him, and doesn’t want yo risk it. Look just asked uourself if what your afraid off. If its of rejection. Then realise its not personal. Don’t let it affect your self esteem. If anything let it give you confidence. Because you did that. You asked him for his number, or out yo coffee. And you can do that whenever you want to to whoever. People like being liked. Dont let being afraid stop you from making connections and learning life lessons.
Like i dunno, usually you can tell if someone likes you by how they look at you. Are they holding eye contact for longer. Do they usually gravitate towards you. Or are you always going up to them. Do you touch them. On the shoulder or arm. Do they touch you. Use your body language to show you are interested. If not... then use words.

And i just means that boys are always expected to make the first move. But so many of them dont. even when they want too. So he might be wondering the same thing. Not sure if you like him, and doesn’t want yo risk it. Look just asked uourself if what your afraid off. If its of rejection. Then realise its not personal. Don’t let it affect your self esteem. If anything let it give you confidence. Because you did that. You asked him for his number, or out yo coffee. And you can do that whenever you want to to whoever. People like being liked. Dont let being afraid stop you from making connections and learning life lessons.

Hiya
I've been in your shoes before.
Try to find out what he likes in a guy cuz he might talk about stuff that describes you. If he doesn't hightlight stuff that sounds like your personality, don't try to change yourself for them. Try to make eye contact and maybe try basic flirting if you feel comfortable with it.
Hope all works out.
Reply 6
Original post by ADarling
Hiya
I've been in your shoes before.
Try to find out what he likes in a guy cuz he might talk about stuff that describes you. If he doesn't hightlight stuff that sounds like your personality, don't try to change yourself for them. Try to make eye contact and maybe try basic flirting if you feel comfortable with it.
Hope all works out.

I'm so glad someone else is in the same position but I have one more question for you. How would you bring that up in a conversation and any suggestions for basic flirting as well ?
I'm so glad someone else is in the same position but I have one more question for you. How would you bring that up in a conversation and any suggestions for basic flirting as well ?

Try playing with your hair for basic flirting
Just start talking about personalities
Reply 8
Try playing with your hair for basic flirting
Just start talking about personalities

Thank you.
If you want to progress to more serious flirting, you can always pm me :smile:
Thank you.

If you need anything just pm me and i'll be happy to help
Sounds like a good idea you sound like you know your stuff.Can u PM me as i need help with something?
Sounds like a good idea you sound like you know your stuff.Can u PM me as i need help with something?

who are you on about?

i am not sure im strugaling with this to

Literally ask him. And if it doesn’t work out chalk it up as a learning experience.

It's unattractive to ask someone if they like you.

Because it comes across as insecure and needy. And it puts them under pressure. The sort of pressure where they are likely to chicken-out.

It's better to suggest doing something with them.
EG, "Would you like to go for a smoothie or coffee with a charming person now?" during non lockdown times.
Or "How about doing our daily exercise today at the same place and time, but at an appropriate distance from each other?"
Or "Let's go for a snowball fight. But no closer than 2 metres to each other."

Assume that they like you, or will like you if they get to know you well enough. And just do things together. During which you evaluate if he is good enough for you.
Original post by BluMoon06
who are you on about?

Oh if you can then you
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
It's unattractive to ask someone if they like you.

Because it comes across as insecure and needy. And it puts them under pressure. The sort of pressure where they are likely to chicken-out.

It's better to suggest doing something with them.
EG, "Would you like to go for a smoothie or coffee with a charming person now?" during non lockdown times.
Or "How about doing our daily exercise today at the same place and time, but at an appropriate distance from each other?"
Or "Let's go for a snowball fight. But no closer than 2 metres to each other."

Assume that they like you, or will like you if they get to know you well enough. And just do things together. During which you evaluate if he is good enough for you.

I disagree with this. Yeah it’s probably cool to just ask they to hang out. But if you arent clear about what the intentions are. She will still be confused about weather they are hanging out as friends or something more. I like it when people tell me they like me. It makes me feel validated and its straight forward. No one is messing around with my feelings, they are just telling me how it is.
I disagree with this. Yeah it’s probably cool to just ask they to hang out. But if you arent clear about what the intentions are. She will still be confused about weather they are hanging out as friends or something more. I like it when people tell me they like me. It makes me feel validated and its straight forward. No one is messing around with my feelings, they are just telling me how it is.

For the intentions, surely that would be obvious from the way the Original Poster spoke and behaved during their activity together?

And surely the intention should be simply for the two of them to have an enjoyable time - doing something together?
Whilst also getting to know each other with a view to evaluating if they should move on to a sexual relationship?
So that even if things don't move on to a sexual level, neither person has wasted their time because both have had an enjoyable time.

Giving specific compliments is fine. As long as it's not non-stop flattery. And includes expressing reservations sometimes.
Surely telling the other person about specific things you like about them is better than saying that you like them in general?

The trouble with wanting validation from the other person is that it's unattractive. Because you come over as insecure and needy. Why shoot yourself in the foot when you are playing the dating game?
Yh I get what your saying
You do have to try though.
I mean what is life without love?
You may get hurt but then you pick yourself up and you try again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending