China admits to forced sterilisation, genocide

Watch
Calibrated.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Say what you will but monoculturalism will only strengthen them as a cohesive nation in the long run, ethno-cultural diversity is not a strength in a democracy.
Someone known for their reactionary political views reveals he is an apologist for a police state engaging in human rights abuses, murder, systematic rape, forced internment and cultural genocide?

Now there is a surprise.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Calibrated.)
Someone known for their reactionary political views reveals he is an apologist for a police state engaging in human rights abuses, murder, systematic rape, forced internment and cultural genocide?

Now there is a surprise.
I don't approve of rape or murder however the state of any nation has the right to enforce cultural hegemony within its own borders, especially of the overwhelming majority.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I don't approve of rape or murder however the state of any nation has the right to enforce cultural hegemony within its own borders, especially of the overwhelming majority.
So you do approve of genocide?
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
So you do approve of genocide?
It's not genocide to prevent a group of people breeding albeit I'd prefer financial incentives in the UK.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
It's not genocide to prevent a group of people breeding albeit I'd prefer financial incentives in the UK.
Actually it is.
https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Professiona...fGenocide.aspx
(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Actually it is.
Alright, not proper genocide then (I shan't argue with the legal definition but it's more a spirit of the law breach).

At any any rate the alternative would be to deport then which would garner just as much angst.

I should say that I'm somewhat more liberal. While I do advocate monoculturalism (I've grown up next to the diversity cesspit that is Bradford) I largely have no objection to people believing in or speaking in whatever they like.. inside their home.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Alright, not proper genocide then (I shan't argue with the legal definition but it's more a spirit of the law breach).

At any any rate the alternative would be to deport then which would garner just as much angst.

I should say that I'm somewhat more liberal. While I do advocate monoculturalism (I've grown up next to the diversity cesspit that is Bradford) I largely have no objection to people believing in or speaking in whatever they like.. inside their home.
You support genocide, end of conversation.
Starship Trooper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Wait until these liberals find out about Planned Parenthood! 🤣🤣🤣
Starship Trooper
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Actually it is.
So feminism , contraception , legalisation of homosexuality, legalised abortion and mass immigration are genocide? 🤔🤔🤔

I guess the west is one big concentration camp for white people then
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
(Original post by Starship Trooper)
So feminism , contraception , legalisation of homosexuality, legalised abortion and mass immigration are genocide? 🤔🤔🤔

I guess the west is one big concentration camp for white people then
No. there is no intent to destroy white people in whole or part.
Starship Trooper
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No. there is no intent to destroy white people in whole or part.
These are all measures that will and have reduced white births though.

How do you know there isn't intent? The China tweet says it's supporting female emancipation and reproductive health . Well that's exactly what is put forward by Western governments too. And they both achieve the same effect.
jackmarshal757
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by QE2)
It is certainly true that one of the most important elements in improving a society is to give women some control over their reproductive cycle.
Has everyone just completely looked past this comment from this guy?

You do understand this looks like you’re siding with them on this right?
jackmarshal757
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by QE2)
Perhaps because they had the ability to understand my post? In future, I'll do a version in purple crayon, just for you.
You’re agreeing that women should have autonomy. They’re doing this by forced sterilisation and trying to get rid of the Uighur belief
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by jackmarshal757)
You’re agreeing that women should have autonomy. They’re doing this by forced sterilisation and trying to get rid of the Uighur belief
Again though, the alternative here is deporting them or sterilising the men.

China is not going to allow a foreign religion to threaten them no matter how much the west applauds its own tolerance and so we must deal with China as they are, not how we wish them to be.

In that context their actions are still negative but they are enforcing monoculturalism in a way that at least keeps the people alive.
QE2
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by jackmarshal757)
Women's autonomy means THEY decide, NOT someone else.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Disgusting. Yeah I was following this a while back, there's simply nothing other nations can do though. No one did **** when they took Hong Kong either, just moan and whinge a bit, fact is China is too large, too powerful, too rich and too independent.
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 2 weeks ago
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
China is not going to allow a foreign religion to threaten them
The religion issue is a bit of a red herring. It is more about separatism. The fact that about half the Uyghurs are Muslim is just coincidence, but it is used by some as a means of highlighting their plight amongst the Ummah. Muslim communities elsewhere in China do not face the same persecution as Uyghurs. In fact, Islam is a protected religion under Chinese law.
The Chinese authorities should be condemned by all for their actions as a matter of course, not just because Muslims are the victims. It is yet another indictment of religion that religionists often only seem concerned about the suffering of their fellow believers.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by QE2)
The religion issue is a bit of a red herring. It is more about separatism. The fact that about half the Uyghurs are Muslim is just coincidence, but it is used by some as a means of highlighting their plight amongst the Ummah. Muslim communities elsewhere in China do not face the same persecution as Uyghurs. In fact, Islam is a protected religion under Chinese law.
The Chinese authorities should be condemned by all for their actions as a matter of course, not just because Muslims are the victims. It is yet another indictment of religion that religionists often only seem concerned about the suffering of their fellow believers.
I'd agree that it's more to do with any opposing ideology against China's state / Xi's agenda. They just happen to be Muslim but if it was any other belief against the interests of the state, same thing would happen. Don't think China gives a **** what is protected within their own law, they seem to find clever ways to exploit it all the time anyway to achieve what they want, it's an authoritarian regime with a democratic pretence.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
I'd agree that it's more to do with any opposing ideology against China's state / Xi's agenda. They just happen to be Muslim but if it was any other belief against the interests of the state, same thing would happen. Don't think China gives a **** what is protected within their own law, they seem to find clever ways to exploit it all the time anyway to achieve what they want, it's an authoritarian regime with a democratic pretence.
Exactly. It is purely and simply about compliance with Beijing.
looloo2134
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by QE2)
Chinese Christian/Buddhist are and have been persecuted in China they have been sent for re education camps.
Jehovah's Witness are consider a dangerous cult and members meeting are stopped their homes and raided their follow by police.
All religions and people with different believe are persecuted in China.
Last edited by looloo2134; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (58)
13.39%
Virtual campus tours/open days (99)
22.86%
Live streaming events (39)
9.01%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (41)
9.47%
A uni comparison tool (99)
22.86%
An in-person event when available (97)
22.4%