Star.Gazer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi, I have just received offers from Southampton and Surrey uni to study psychology in 2021 (Surrey with a placement year) . I am trying to choose between them because I already want to firm another university. I have heard Surrey can be lacking on the social side and expensive but I slightly prefer the course as it has placement. I am more familiar with Southampton and if is cheaper. Is anyone able to offer their experiences? Thanks
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Star.Gazer)
Hi, I have just received offers from Southampton and Surrey uni to study psychology in 2021 (Surrey with a placement year) . I am trying to choose between them because I already want to firm another university. I have heard Surrey can be lacking on the social side and expensive but I slightly prefer the course as it has placement. I am more familiar with Southampton and if is cheaper. Is anyone able to offer their experiences? Thanks
Hi there!

Congratulations on receiving an offer from Surrey and Southampton! It's also great to hear your going to study Psychology. I am currently a second year psychology student at the moment and are applying for placements for this year Hopefully I can be useful to you...

I have loved studying Psychology here. One of the main reasons I chose Surrey due to how supportive the placement year is. I have had so much support applying for placements, such as cv help, cover letter help etc!

The nightlife at Surrey in Guildford is quieter than other universities, however there is a club on campus called Rubix which is where most students go and it is always packed and a great night out. Also there is over 100 societies that you can join that hold social events and will get you involved. This makes it easier to make friends and also does make university more social. Furthermore, there is restaurants on campus such as Wates House, Starbucks, Hillside and also many restaurants in Guildford town which isn't a far distance from the university at all.

Going onto Psychology here, please look at this website where you can see the School of Psychology department and in general find out some more information about psychology here: https://www.surrey.ac.uk/school-psychology

I love that the facilities in the psychology department have recently been updated with a £5 million pound investment into the facilities. This new department have enabled us psychology students to gain access to cutting edge techniques in psychology such as VR rooms, EEGs etc. If you are interested in what there is to offer in terms of facilities please watch this tour of the department: http://www.surrey.ac.uk/school-psych...-and-equipment
I would have a look and compare Surrey to Southampton and weigh up the pros and cons of each university in terms of what's more important to you, facilities may be one of them as it definitely was one of mine. Therefore, it may be helpful to look at that tour and look at what Southampton facilities are like too.

If you have any questions or anything, please ask and I can help!

Becca
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (121)
27.19%
England (159)
35.73%
Belgium (33)
7.42%
Germany (43)
9.66%
Spain (10)
2.25%