refusing COVID vaccine

Watch
This discussion is closed.
talulahjane
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Moderation Note: For advice, guidance and up-to-date information on Coronavirus/COVID-19, please check out the NHS, UK Government, and Mind (mental health) web-pages.

What are my rights to refuse the COVID vaccine and what are valid reasons?
wilshambe
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by talulahjane)
medical procedures require consent.... you don't have to receive the vaccine if you feel that it's not in your best interests (regardless of why that may be)
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
pls take the vaccine if it's offered

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55594107
talulahjane
Rep:
?
(Original post by wilshambe)
medical procedures require consent.... you don't have to receive the vaccine if you feel that it's not in your best interests (regardless of why that may be)
I’m concerned how the hospital I work at will react to me refusing and if they do make it mandatory I still don’t want it
Anonymous #1
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by ANM775)

They died after testing positive within 28 days, so it’s not a good way to measure covid deaths...to say the very least. Dying with covid is also not the same as dying from covid.
talulahjane
Rep:
?

There is not enough research to say that this vaccine will make a difference, I will still be able to carry and transmit the virus to others and I can still be positive with COVID after I’ve had the vaccine. I don’t want something injected in me messing with my body that has not enough research into it
wilshambe
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
There is not enough research to say that this vaccine will make a difference, I will still be able to carry and transmit the virus to others and I can still be positive with COVID after I’ve had the vaccine. I don’t want something injected in me messing with my body that has not enough research into it
take the Moderna or Oxford vaccines then, since they have a mechanism of action that is similar to most other vaccines
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Why are you seeking out valid reasons not to take it? Given that you seem to not want to take it, I assume you have some reasons already. Do you think whatever your current reasons are, are just nonsense deep down?
maggasmith
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You are well within your rights to refuse the Pfizer vaccine, or any of the vaccines. You should certainly refuse it if you think you are a special case due to some sort of illness that would not have been covered under an expedited testing process.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
They died after testing positive within 28 days, so it’s not a good way to measure covid deaths...to say the very least. Dying with covid is also not the same as dying from covid.
so you think their deaths and them having covid is just one big coincidence? :rolleyes:
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
That's your perogative, you're not legally required to have the vaccine, you can just say no or just not get it without fear of legal rammifications.
Desideri
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
It’s your choice whether you take it or not, but I encourage you to look into it, for example into explanations of how they sped up the research process. If you’d ever worked in research, you’d know what an insane amount of time is usually spent on things like applying for grants and searching for participants - this time, funding and volunteers were much more available.

I think that there is a chance that some employers (e.g. hospitals) could make it compulsory in the future, just like medical schools currently require students to get vaccinated against Hep B and various other things. If this happens in the future then a) more time will have passed and more research will have been done and b) your employer would lay out what exemptions there are, if any. No point worrying about it now.
Anonymous #1
Report 6 months ago
so you think their deaths and them having covid is just one big coincidence? :rolleyes:
You don’t understand. An old test doesn’t mean that they still had the virus when they died and it certainly doesn’t mean that they died from covid. If you die in a car accident but had a positive test 25 days ago, then you will be recorded as a covid death. Many deaths have been classified as a covid death without a test because the person showed some vague symptoms. I’m not making this up; look at the advice given to coroners on how to classify deaths during the covid period. What’s the logic behind all of this? You tell me because I certainly can’t work it out.
Desideri
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Of course not, but long term side effects of vaccines are very unlikely (if something is going to go wrong, it will go wrong straight away, like the nurses who had an allergic reaction). I read a good explanation of the mechanisms of this the other day, I’ll post the link if I find it again.

It’s also normal for medications to be prescribed before really long term studies. When we have something that will save lives now, we don’t say “let’s wait 10 years to test out all the possible side effects”.
Apachecow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Partially true, but do you have a single example where this was found from a vaccination?

I think it would be very irresponsible to refuse the vaccine when offered, but you do you. I had the Pfizer vaccine yesterday.
danielhaslam19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
That said, it is deservedly your right to decide if you want a substance injected into your arm or not. You shouldn't require a reason either.
alex282
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Im young and healthy so simply dont need it
Wasteman53
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You either take it or you don't so you'll be fine if you don't want it, don't worry
Last edited by Wasteman53; 2 months ago
Dontknow698
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
The death rate is flawed beyond belief. If you die from another cause but have Covid in your system, its counted as a Covid death.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
you don't have to take the vaccine because it's not mandatory, no one can force you so it's all your choice!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (54)
29.35%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
8.15%
No I am happy with my choice (101)
54.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (14)
7.61%

Watched Threads