The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Down to each individual if they have the vaccine, its why we have laws and i'm also confused how people are being forced to have it for jobs? as it stands them forcing you to have a vaccine or lose your job leaves them open to all sorts of action from yourselves.
Original post by Anonymous
... every other country is back to normal basically and nobody really gives a **** anymore after so long...

I'm not sure if you've heard of this little country called India...

I agree - no more lockdowns. I'll join the riots with you. Unless... its because we're genuinely running out of oxygen again. As we were in December. In that case you really have no choice.

And like I've said, I think that's unlikely. But the biggest chance of it happening is lots of people refusing the vaccine.

I’ve had my first vaccine purely out the threat of losing my job, I stayed in all way through, I wear a mask etc and where’s it got us?

Out of lockdown? Looking positive thanks to the vaccine (+immunity from infection)?

Whether its all been worth it is a complicated question - my gut feeling is that its cost significantly more than the ~£30,000 per life-year that we normally use for healthcare, despite the huge vaccine success story. But things are looking up.

...problem with these posts is you’re not allowed to speak opposite to the herd so whoever comments on threads like this stating opposite opinions just get shut down instantly and basically bullied 🤣

Its interesting that you consider people expressing opposite views to be 'getting shut down instantly'. The arguments about wanting to aim for herd immunity and protect the community are compelling I agree - I didn't think you'd think so though!

Rudeness shouldn't acceptable. Challenging, especially when these are the opinions that will get me locked down again, definitely is though.
My point is if someone doesn’t want it then they shouldn’t be heavily persuaded or pressured into taking it simply because your opinion is everyone should have it bla bla and that’s the problem.

I don’t attack people or look down on people who take the vaccine and I respect their choice so why’s it so much to ask to get the same respect back? instead you just get called anti vaxxers and told nope you’re wrong this is why you should have it and I’ll sit online all day quoting you **** until eventually I change your mind pretty much.

If someone doesn’t want it then that’s it and as it stands there is laws in place to prevent forcing of vaccines as well as discrimination laws to prevent people being denied access to things based on not wearing masks due to medical exemptions and a lot of places have been sued successfully and good.
(edited 2 years ago)
I personally wont be having it as a 21 year old healthy male but if others want to have it then more power to them.
Reply 44
I personally wont be having it as a 21 year old healthy male but if others want to have it then more power to them.

I think even if you are well unlikely to get any serious symptoms, it's still worth getting vaccinated to reduce your chances of catching the virus and spreading it. The more virus there is in the country, the more the chances there are of another variant coming about. If there were a variant that the vaccines didn't work against, that would really **** things over.
Original post by Teddy650123
My point is if someone doesn’t want it then they shouldn’t be heavily persuaded or pressured into taking it simply because your opinion is everyone should have it bla bla and that’s the problem.

I don’t attack people or look down on people who take the vaccine and I respect their choice so why’s it so much to ask to get the same respect back? instead you just get called anti vaxxers and told nope you’re wrong this is why you should have it and I’ll sit online all day quoting you **** until eventually I change your mind pretty much.

If someone doesn’t want it then that’s it and as it stands there is laws in place to prevent forcing of vaccines as well as discrimination laws to prevent people being denied access to things based on not wearing masks due to medical exemptions and a lot of places have been sued successfully and good.

My point is that if someone really doesn't want another lockdown, they shouldn't be persuaded, pressured or criticised for taking action to avoid it, bla bla that's the problem.

That main action is making sure people choose to get the vaccine.

Maybe you/a theoretical person didn't mind lockdown - but a lot of people did so yes of course they want to avoid another, and they have a right to tell people that. Free speech.
(edited 2 years ago)
When are over 18s due to get theirs?
Reply 47
Original post by Kutie Karen
When are over 18s due to get theirs?

I think this might depend on where they live they are currently being offered to them if they live in 1 of the Indian variant hotspots I believe, but other than that not for a little wihle yet as nationally they just started doing the 32/33 year olds.
you don't have to take the vaccine because it's not mandatory, no one can force you so it's all your choice!

Except if you work for a care home in the UK
Original post by talulahjane
What are my rights to refuse the COVID vaccine and what are valid reasons?

You can just refuse it, me and my friends have all agreed to refuse it
I feel like a lot of people are not reading the OP's post that they work in a hospital.
Original post by nexttime
My point is that if someone really doesn't want another lockdown, they shouldn't be persuaded, pressured or criticised for taking action to avoid it, bla bla that's the problem.

Maybe you/a theoretical person didn't mind lockdown - but a lot of people did so yes of course they want to avoid another, and they have a right to tell people that. Free speech.

You can't make people to choose to take the vaccine.

There is a contradiction in your statement.
"Making sure" and "choosing"
The first is just a misnomer for pressuring others and even emotionally blackmail them i.e forcing them to do so. Hence the second one, the choosing part, becomes meaningless.

You need to refer to science mainly and not put a terrible dilemma that is non existent i.e either get vaccinated or we have lockdowns forever. Apart from the blackmailing is not even viable economically anymore even if you wanted to.

@TCA2b
@PilgrimOfTruth
@shooonthebeat
You can just refuse it, me and my friends have all agreed to refuse it

Yes this.

There's absolutely no question about this. You can and should refuse the "vaccines" if you don't want them just as I am doing and millions of others are doing. The "vaccines" are still being tested, NOT A SINGLE COVID VACCINE HAS ANY APPROVAL at this stage by the FDA or equivalent body and thus under normal circumstances it would be illegal to administer them to anyone. What the vaccines have instead is TEMPORARY "Emergency Usage Authority" (EUA) which allows them to be used whilst we have an emergency situation.

This DOES NOT in any sense mean the vaccines are totally safe. It means a level of testing has been completed that satisfies the FDA that it's ok to use them on an emergency basis however the FDA still consider them UNAPPROVED and will not approve them until further testing with lots more people and over a longer period of time is completed and that will likely take until 2022/23.

NObody can force you to take a vaccine and your human rights should not be discriminated against for not having a vaccine. People who have already had Covid and recovered have strong and lasting natural immunity and imo are far safer people to society than the vaccinated.

If your employer tries to mandate that you have an unfullytested UNAPPROVED Investigational vaccine then I would personally informed them immediately that you will resign. Do so and I will be the first to stand alongside you in total protest of such an abuse of your human rights to decide what goes in to your body.

Please remember that in 2009 we had a similar situation with teh so called Swine Flu pandemic. NHS and other health workers were heavily pressured into taking rushed out Swine Flu vaccines and as a result many then suffered life debilitating Narcolepsy and other problems.

Vaccination is your personal choice and must always be so. There is no shame in refusing and many millions will be doing just that. There is absolutely no question of failing to do one's duty by refusing because being vaccinated does not stop you getting symptomatic Covid and spreading it to others. There are many thousands of fully vaccinated people that have still caught symptomatic Covid, they are called "Breakthrough Cases", go Google them. In addition some have died from Covid despite being fully vaccinated.

This is your life, your health and nobody can choose or force you to subject your body to unapproved medical treatments, full stop.

Sources:

Swine Flu Vaccine Impact

These NHS Staff Were Told The Swine Flu Vaccine Was Safe, And Now They're Suffering The Consequences
https://www.buzzfeed.com/shaunlintern/these-nhs-staff-were-told-the-swine-flu-vaccine-was-safe

Brain-Damaged UK Victims of Swine Flu Vaccine to Get £60 Million Compensation
https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/brain-damaged-uk-victims-swine-flu-vaccine-get-60-million-compensation-1438572

FDA on Covid Vaccines

https://www.fda.gov/media/144245/download

Highlights:

Page 6 - Executive Summary

"On November 20, 2020, Pfizer and BioNTech (the Sponsor) submitted an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) request to FDA for an investigational COVID-19 vaccine (BNT162b2)"

Page 9 - Section 2.3

"In the event an EUA is issued for this product, it would still be considered unapproved and it would be under further investigation (under an Investigational New Drug Application) until it is licensed under a Biologics License Application (BLA).

Licensure of a COVID-19 vaccine will be based on review of additional manufacturing, efficacy, and safety data, providing greater assurance of the comparability of licensed product to product tested in the clinical trials, greater assurance of safety based on larger numbers of vaccine recipients who have been followed for a longer period of time, and additional information about efficacy that addresses, among other questions, the potential for waning of protection over time. "

Additional; important info from the above FDA document:

Page 47

"Therefore, available data are insufficient to make conclusions about benefit in individuals with prior SARS-CoV-2 infection."

i.e. there's no benefit in vaccinating people who have already had Covid. They have already gained natural immunity.

Page 47

"Data are limited to assess the effect of the vaccine against asymptomatic infection"

i.e. Despite being vaxxed you could still get asymptomatic/mild Covid

Page 47

"Additional evaluations will be needed to assess the effect of the vaccine in preventing long-term effects of COVID-19, including data from clinical trials and from the vaccine’s use post-authorization."

i.e. No evidence that the vaccines prevent so called Long-Covid

Page 49

"A numerically greater number of appendicitis cases occurred in the vaccine group but occurred no more frequently than expected in the given age groups and do not raise a clear concern at this time for a causal relationship to study vaccination. Although the safety database revealed an imbalance of cases of Bell’s palsy (4 in the vaccine group and none in the placebo group), causal relationship is less certain because the number of cases was small and not more frequent than expected in the general population."
Hospitals need to sever their links with Pharmaceuticals would pretty much control them. The health service has more or less become little more than a sales organisation for Pharma drugs, vaccines and treatments. It's wrong imo.
Original post by talulahjane
What are my rights to refuse the COVID vaccine and what are valid reasons?

You don't have to provide a reason op
No one can force you to take it although the reasons for the vaccine are numerous
Original post by WazzWazz98
You don't have to provide a reason op
No one can force you to take it although the reasons for the vaccine are numerous

The reasons for healthy young people to not take the vaccines are equally numerous.
Original post by PilgrimOfTruth
The reasons for healthy young people to not take the vaccines are equally numerous.

yes, never said that wasnt the case
Original post by nexttime

Regardless of if you're vaccinated or not, at this point any further lockdowns are completely unnecessary as things have gotten much better. You're also forgetting that natural immunity exists. Anymore lockdowns and the economy of this country will collapse.
And the fact people have been really ill or even died from having the vaccine but the media won't tell you that

Correct

Although if you dig and do your research you CAN find out about them. For example:

60yr old man dies of Covid despite being fully vaccinated
https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/man-vaccinated-with-astra-vaccine-dies-in-seychelles-1.1615300

Researcher dies of Covid-19 in Karnataka after getting two doses of vaccine
https://www.newindianexpress.com/states/karnataka/2021/may/24/researcher-dies-of-covid-19-in-karnatakaafter-getting-twodoses-of-vaccine-2306672.html

Fully-vaccinated Flossmoor man, 75, dies from Covid a month after 2nd vaccine dose
https://abc7chicago.com/health/flossmoor-man-75-dies-from-covid-a-month-after-2nd-vaccine-dose/10558121/

"While most cases are mild or asymptomatic, officials say at least 97 fully-vaccinated people have been hospitalized and 32 have died in Illinois"

Delhi surgeon who got second Covid vaccine in March dies of virus
https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/delhi/delhi-surgeon-who-got-second-covid-vaccine-in-march-dies-of-virus-7307387/
https://www.latintimes.com/indian-doctor-who-received-second-shot-covid-vaccine-march-dies-470655

"Before Dr Anil Kumar Rawat was put on a ventilator at Delhi’s Saroj Hospital, he told a colleague: “I will come out of this. I have been vaccinated, I will come out.” On Saturday morning, the 58-year-old surgeon succumbed to Covid."
Original post by PilgrimOfTruth
Correct

Although if you dig and do your research you CAN find out about them. For example:

60yr old man dies of Covid despite being fully vaccinated
https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/man-vaccinated-with-astra-vaccine-dies-in-seychelles-1.1615300

Researcher dies of Covid-19 in Karnataka after getting two doses of vaccine
https://www.newindianexpress.com/states/karnataka/2021/may/24/researcher-dies-of-covid-19-in-karnatakaafter-getting-twodoses-of-vaccine-2306672.html

Fully-vaccinated Flossmoor man, 75, dies from Covid a month after 2nd vaccine dose
https://abc7chicago.com/health/flossmoor-man-75-dies-from-covid-a-month-after-2nd-vaccine-dose/10558121/

"While most cases are mild or asymptomatic, officials say at least 97 fully-vaccinated people have been hospitalized and 32 have died in Illinois"

Delhi surgeon who got second Covid vaccine in March dies of virus
https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/delhi/delhi-surgeon-who-got-second-covid-vaccine-in-march-dies-of-virus-7307387/
https://www.latintimes.com/indian-doctor-who-received-second-shot-covid-vaccine-march-dies-470655

"Before Dr Anil Kumar Rawat was put on a ventilator at Delhi’s Saroj Hospital, he told a colleague: “I will come out of this. I have been vaccinated, I will come out.” On Saturday morning, the 58-year-old surgeon succumbed to Covid."

So basically the vaccine is pointless anyway

Latest