The Student Room Group

Whats your favourite Bible verse(s)?

I have so many...
My top would be

‘“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
**Romans‬ *8:38-39‬ *NIV‬‬

“And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,”
**Ephesians‬ *3:17-18 NIV

3 When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. (*John‬ *14‬:*3‬ NLT)

5 For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning. (*Psalms‬ *30‬:*5‬ NIV)

“And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.””
**Mark‬ *16:17-18‬ *NIV‬‬

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Love never fails
1 corinthians 13:8
Reply 2
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11)

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us. (Ephesians 3:20)

i'm sure i'm forgetting one or two atm :tongue:
Original post by Joleee
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11)

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us. (Ephesians 3:20)

i'm sure i'm forgetting one or two atm :tongue:

Aww I love these

Aha same, I ended up going through my highlights in the Bible app 😂
Original post by Rara345
Love never fails
1 corinthians 13:8

So simple and so beautiful
“I prayed to the Lord and He answered me. He freed me from all my fears” - Psalm 34:4 :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by MiriamL
So simple and so beautiful

awww ty I agree, and personally think it sums up what Christianity should be about
Original post by Rara345
awww ty I agree, and personally think it sums up what Christianity should be about

Yes it really does
Original post by GCSE_Rockstar32
“I prayed to the Lord and He answered me. He freed me from all my fears” - Psalm 34:4 :smile:

Aww yes!! Amen
Anyone who blasphemes the name of the Lord is to be put to death. The entire assembly must stone them. Whether foreigner or native-born, when they blaspheme the Name they are to be put to death.

- Leviticus 24:16

It gives me a deeply ingrained sense of direction
Original post by JustOneMoreThing
Anyone who blasphemes the name of the Lord is to be put to death. The entire assembly must stone them. Whether foreigner or native-born, when they blaspheme the Name they are to be put to death.

- Leviticus 24:16

It gives me a deeply ingrained sense of direction

Fair enough
Wow that’s so inspiring, I’ve heard bits of it before but never in its full! I especially like ‘a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing’ I’ve heard it used a lot in reference to Covid
I am not a Christian but reading these verses really show how beautiful the religion is :smile:
Original post by ruru06
I am not a Christian but reading these verses really show how beautiful the religion is :smile:

Aww I’m glad, if you ever want to ask anything about it, drop a pm :wink:
Original post by MiriamL
Aww I’m glad, if you ever want to ask anything about it, drop a pm :wink:

aww thank youu I love learning about other religions and cultures :smile:
Romans 8:38-39 me too!
And Genesis 50:20 "But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive." (Joseph)

:3 God bless y'all, nice to see some Christians on here :smile:
Original post by tsukife
Romans 8:38-39 me too!
And Genesis 50:20 "But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive." (Joseph)

:3 God bless y'all, nice to see some Christians on here :smile:

Woah that’s a very nice one, I feel like there’s a lot to be learned from Joseph, he stayed humble the entire time and was so forgiving
Original post by MiriamL
Woah that’s a very nice one, I feel like there’s a lot to be learned from Joseph, he stayed humble the entire time and was so forgiving

ikr! glory to God
Ephesians 6:5-8
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free.

Exodus 21 is another they never seemed to mention during my church-going childhood.

Genuinely not trying to be snarky or edgy here, it's just good to remember not everything in the bible is morally right.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by ChocCheesecake
Ephesians 6:5-8
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free.

Exodus 21 is another they never seemed to mention during my church-going childhood.

Genuinely not trying to be snarky or edgy here, it's just good to remember not everything in the bible is morally right.

Yes it’s very true to remember these things, slavery was something of the time, and I definitely don’t agree with it, however I do think the Bible adresses it reasonably and helps deal with it when it was in its time. That first verse is I would say is very comforting, slaves knew that their masters may not have been kind and would have looked over their hard work but it assured that if they kept working God would reward them. I also refer back to that Jeremiah verse someone posted earlier ‘“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11) God didn’t love slaves any less and he didn’t have any less plans for their lives than he does anyone in history.

Quick Reply