Official Durham University Postgrad 2021!

Watch
Wildean99
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ev78)
Thank you!
No, I'm at a University in Germany, will be working on Wordsworth.
Ah right, well good luck with your PhD!
ev78
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Wildean99)
Ah right, well good luck with your PhD!
Thank you!
alexangell
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone else applied for the MSc in Conflict Prevention and Peacebuilding? Hoping to hear back soon. Had a glance at the colleges and think University would be my first choice, followed by Ustinov
Sunlmn
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Glad to hear some of the good news from everyone and wish everyone the best of luck with their applications! I received an offer from Durham last night for Romantic and Victorian Literary studies! Still waiting to hear back from Oxford and am planning to also apply to Leeds and probably will have to make a decision based on finances so want to keep my options open.
If you don't mind, may I ask how long it took for Durham to make you an offer? I applied to the exact same program as you about three weeks ago but haven't heard back from them yet.
Wildean99
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sunlmn)
If you don't mind, may I ask how long it took for Durham to make you an offer? I applied to the exact same program as you about three weeks ago but haven't heard back from them yet.
Hi, I applied on the 11th January and my offer letter came through on the 6th February so that was just over three weeks so hopefully you'll hear back soon! I imagine that as the semester progresses, they'll get more applications so it may take slightly longer. Best of luck with the application!
Sunlmn
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I applied on the 11th January and my offer letter came through on the 6th February so that was just over three weeks so hopefully you'll hear back soon! I imagine that as the semester progresses, they'll get more applications so it may take slightly longer. Best of luck with the application!
Yes, it may be that it's a busy time right now. Thanks! Good luck with your postgraduate plans!
srkolbc
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Has anyone applied to a PhD in Anthropology at Durham? I applied January 4th and while the department has been in touch with me re funding, I haven't received an offer... Just wondering if any PhDs have received offers yet.
aspiringacademic
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aspiringacademic)
I currently attend Durham and I am at Castle. I got an offer for 'Greece, Rome and the Near East' after one day and I have applied for the MA Humanities Bursary. But, I am waiting on a decision from Cambridge.
I got accepted into Cambridge on Friday but I pressed accept on my Durham offer today, just in case Cambridge offer me an insane grade offer. But, if Cambridge reduce my offer to any 2:1, I will decline my Durham offer and shoot Durham an email. I hope it was OK to accept it, even though I am probably like 99% going to Cambridge for Assyriology instead (if I get the grades ahhh) If Durham give me the Arts and Humanities Bursary though, I'll have to think
Last edited by aspiringacademic; 1 month ago
ohwell1996
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Has anyone heard from the Faculty MA Bursary? I received my offer several weeks ago as well as an email from the people managing the bursary to let me know I was under consideration, but no word since then. I see on their website that they will notify everyone by the 24th of March. I'm wondering whether no news is good news.
Manclass98
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by ohwell1996)
Has anyone heard from the Faculty MA Bursary? I received my offer several weeks ago as well as an email from the people managing the bursary to let me know I was under consideration, but no word since then. I see on their website that they will notify everyone by the 24th of March. I'm wondering whether no news is good news.
I received an email to say I was unsuccessful, this was about 2-3 weeks ago I think? So it could be anytime really.
ohwell1996
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Manclass98)
I received an email to say I was unsuccessful, this was about 2-3 weeks ago I think? So it could be anytime really.
Sorry to hear that, but thank you for letting me know!
lucymoose
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know how/when applying for college accommodation happens? Just wondering since college allocation isn't until July(?), I'm trying to decide if I should go for private accommodation instead.
Manclass98
Rep:
?
(Original post by lucymoose)
Does anyone know how/when applying for college accommodation happens? Just wondering since college allocation isn't until July(?), I'm trying to decide if I should go for private accommodation instead.
Applicants who’ve accepted their offer will have an email sent about college preferences next month, where you’ll be given the choice of having 3 preferred colleges. The accommodation will also be in this email for you to sort out where youd like to go 😊.
lucymoose
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Manclass98)
Applicants who’ve accepted their offer will have an email sent about college preferences next month, where you’ll be given the choice of having 3 preferred colleges. The accommodation will also be in this email for you to sort out where youd like to go 😊.
Thank you, that's really helpful! I'm assuming accommodation would be finalised in July as well then along with the college allocations?
Manclass98
Rep:
?
(Original post by lucymoose)
Thank you, that's really helpful! I'm assuming accommodation would be finalised in July as well then along with the college allocations?
They happen on a rolling basis, you won’t necessarily need to wait until July to find out where you’ve been placed, as per an email I received from the admissions who deal with colleges and accommodation, etc. It’ll just be on a rotational basis until they are filled, so I’d hold fire until then!
Wildean99
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I applied for the Faculty MA Bursary as well and other than an email to check I'd submitted all the required documents back in early February I haven't heard anything either. I'd imagine though if other people have received rejections then, like you say, no news might be good news but unfortunately, as with most things at the moment, I think its just a waiting game. Good luck with your application!
ohwell1996
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I applied for the Faculty MA Bursary as well and other than an email to check I'd submitted all the required documents back in early February I haven't heard anything either. I'd imagine though if other people have received rejections then, like you say, no news might be good news but unfortunately, as with most things at the moment, I think its just a waiting game. Good luck with your application!
That's the email I got too! Fingers crossed for the both of us
Wildean99
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That's the email I got too! Fingers crossed for the both of us
What course have you got an offer for by the way?
Wildean99
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Has anyone that applied for the Faculty MA Bursary heard anything back? - especially from the English faculty?
Manclass98
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Has anyone that applied for the Faculty MA Bursary heard anything back? - especially from the English faculty?
There’s been a few people who have including myself who got a rejection email last month, so it could literally be any day you hear back!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (12)
25%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (12)
25%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (21)
43.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (3)
6.25%

Watched Threads