Discuss neural explanations for OCD - 16 marks

Watch
Huh fhjdxg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Let’s practice psychology a level exam questions.
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
moved this into a level forum so you can get more helpful answers :yep:
username5567480
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Are you sure it’s meant to be a 16 marker? A 16 marker for this would be ‘discuss the biological approach to OCD’ - that’s where you talk about neural explanations and genetic explanations.

But since the question is asking ‘discuss neural explanations for OCD’ it should be an 8 marker, and that’s where you first describe what it is (the idea that physical and psychological characteristics are determined by the behaviour of the nervous system, in particular the brain and individual neurones etc.), then you evaluate two points (it could be a strength and a weakness or two strengths/two weaknesses)
Hannahhhhajka
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by sognatore)
Are you sure it’s meant to be a 16 marker? A 16 marker for this would be ‘discuss the biological approach to OCD’ - that’s where you talk about neural explanations and genetic explanations.

But since the question is asking ‘discuss neural explanations for OCD’ it should be an 8 marker, and that’s where you first describe what it is (the idea that physical and psychological characteristics are determined by the behaviour of the nervous system, in particular the brain and individual neurones etc.), then you evaluate two points (it could be a strength and a weakness or two strengths/two weaknesses)
Do you want to have a try and write a 8 marker ?
username5567480
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Hannahhhhajka)
Do you want to have a try and write a 8 marker ?
Sorry I don’t understand what you mean 😅 Do you mean for this question? If you mean this question, I’ve already done it. You could try and write it as well if you want
Hannahhhhajka
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Sorry I don’t understand what you mean 😅 Do you mean for this question? If you mean this question, I’ve already done it. You could try and write it as well if you want
Can you drop your 8 marker so I can have a look 😂 psychology seems interesting . I’m picking it next year .
Zain_Ahmed
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago

Been a year since I did psychology, but I agree. The A01 is limited to just neural which doesn't fill the marks required.
Last edited by Zain_Ahmed; 3 months ago
Hannahhhhajka
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Zain_Ahmed)
Been a year since I did psy, but I agree. The A01 is limited to just neural which doesn't allow for much marks.
Can you try write a 8 marker and drop it down . ?
Zain_Ahmed
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Can you try write a 8 marker and drop it down . ?
Honestly I forgot a lot..
:google: has a lot of sample 16 markers you can take a look at if you're interested
username5567480
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Can you drop your 8 marker so I can have a look 😂 psychology seems interesting . I’m picking it next year .
Sure, I’ll send you the 8 marker now. And that’s great! Yeah psychology is really interesting, it’s really good and I love it, and I’m sure you’ll love it as well 😁
Hannahhhhajka
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Sure, I’ll send you the 8 marker now. And that’s great! Yeah psychology is really interesting, it’s really good and I love it, and I’m sure you’ll love it as well 😁
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (93)
5%
Uncertainty around my education (281)
15.12%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (198)
10.65%
Lack of purpose or motivation (262)
14.09%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (82)
4.41%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (107)
5.76%
Loneliness (162)
8.71%
Financial worries (66)
3.55%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (81)
4.36%
Exposure to negative news/social media (88)
4.73%
Lack of real life entertainment (102)
5.49%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (163)
8.77%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (174)
9.36%

Watched Threads