The Student Room Group

Discuss neural explanations for OCD - 16 marks

Let’s practice psychology a level exam questions.
moved this into a level forum so you can get more helpful answers :yep:
Are you sure it’s meant to be a 16 marker? A 16 marker for this would be ‘discuss the biological approach to OCD’ - that’s where you talk about neural explanations and genetic explanations.

But since the question is asking ‘discuss neural explanations for OCD’ it should be an 8 marker, and that’s where you first describe what it is (the idea that physical and psychological characteristics are determined by the behaviour of the nervous system, in particular the brain and individual neurones etc.), then you evaluate two points (it could be a strength and a weakness or two strengths/two weaknesses)
Original post by sognatore
Are you sure it’s meant to be a 16 marker? A 16 marker for this would be ‘discuss the biological approach to OCD’ - that’s where you talk about neural explanations and genetic explanations.

But since the question is asking ‘discuss neural explanations for OCD’ it should be an 8 marker, and that’s where you first describe what it is (the idea that physical and psychological characteristics are determined by the behaviour of the nervous system, in particular the brain and individual neurones etc.), then you evaluate two points (it could be a strength and a weakness or two strengths/two weaknesses)

Do you want to have a try and write a 8 marker ?
Original post by Hannahhhhajka
Do you want to have a try and write a 8 marker ?

Sorry I don’t understand what you mean 😅 Do you mean for this question? If you mean this question, I’ve already done it. You could try and write it as well if you want :biggrin:
Sorry I don’t understand what you mean 😅 Do you mean for this question? If you mean this question, I’ve already done it. You could try and write it as well if you want :biggrin:

Can you drop your 8 marker so I can have a look 😂 psychology seems interesting . I’m picking it next year .

Been a year since I did psychology, but I agree. The A01 is limited to just neural which doesn't fill the marks required.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Zain_Ahmed
Been a year since I did psy, but I agree. The A01 is limited to just neural which doesn't allow for much marks.

Can you try write a 8 marker and drop it down . ?
Can you try write a 8 marker and drop it down . ?

Honestly I forgot a lot..
:google: has a lot of sample 16 markers you can take a look at if you're interested
Can you drop your 8 marker so I can have a look 😂 psychology seems interesting . I’m picking it next year .

Sure, I’ll send you the 8 marker now. And that’s great! Yeah psychology is really interesting, it’s really good and I love it, and I’m sure you’ll love it as well 😁
Sure, I’ll send you the 8 marker now. And that’s great! Yeah psychology is really interesting, it’s really good and I love it, and I’m sure you’ll love it as well 😁

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest