If you were to do your A Levels again, which subjects would you have taken?

Watch
Shafy97
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(In an alternate universe aha)

Also what would you have done differently-revision wise?
Personally I wish I took AS Maths, A2 Politics, A2 Economics and BTEC ICT.
So Maths, Economics, Politics and ICT for Year 12, then Politics, Economics and ICT for Year 13.
Then revision wise, made a group chat for revision for each of the subjects, then print off the specification of each subject from the first lesson. That way I would have been on top of everything and would have been able to attempt the past papers sooner.
Last edited by Shafy97; 10 months ago
MindMax2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
If you asked me what A Levels I would like to have done given I can do more than 4, they'd be:

Ancient History/ Classics
Chemistry
Biology
Physics
Maths
Further Maths
Business Studies
Economics
Engineering
Geography
Latin
Psychology
World Development

Given what i know now about myself and what degrees I would do, I'd choose Physics, Maths, Chemistry, and Economics (possibly Further Maths if I had good support).

The first thing I'd do is to check for the exam board that I want to study under. I found it a bit regretful going with an exam board I didn't liked.
Revision wise, I'd focus more on past papers and understanding more specifically when and how certain marks were awarded. Exam technique and strategy count for a lot in grades. I'd managed to change a failing subject into one of my best within the space of a year because I understood the mark scheme a lot better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.29%
Okay (64)
29.49%
A bit lacking (81)
37.33%
Not good at all (54)
24.88%

Watched Threads