The Student Room Group

career confusion

hi people
I am currently 17 and have applied for child nursing at 5 universities. I got accepted in one waiting for two and got rejected from two. while at university I also wanna pursue modelling...
my question is...is it possible because nursing is a very busy course... obviously I also would wanna have a part time job...and I just don't know if all this is manageable...since I would be a full time student.
so anyone going through the same situation or been through the same please help...how busy is a day at uni in the UK. and is it possible for me to do modelling with that schedule.
any help would be great xx
Reply 1
Yes, a nursing degree is full on. This does not prevent nursing students having both a part time job and a social life alongside it. I did. My husband did. Most of the people we (seperately) trained with did. The issue with the part time job bit is that you can't commit to certain contracts, so say having a Saturday job is fine while you're on theory blocks but then you hit placement and you're expected to be available 24/7 for any shifts any days of the week. The solution here is 0 hour/flexible working contracts as you can pick up the work around your placement shifts.

Quick Reply

Latest