The Student Room Group

Is this harvard referencing correct?

John Hinnells, ‘Religious history’ by John Wolffe, in The Routledge companion to the study of religion, (London: Routledge, 2005)

The book is by Hinnells but the chapter is by Wolffe! what do i do? thanks x
Original post by Tangledseries
John Hinnells, ‘Religious history’ by John Wolffe, in The Routledge companion to the study of religion, (London: Routledge, 2005)

The book is by Hinnells but the chapter is by Wolffe! what do i do? thanks x

If you are referencing a book with chapters written by different authors, you need to give details of the chapter, and the book in which you read it.

Family name, INITIAL(S). Year. Chapter title. In: Family name, INITIAL(S) (of editor). ed(s). Title of book. Edition (if not first edition). Place of publication: Publisher, page numbers.

Example:
Coffin, J.M. 1999. Molecular biology of HIV. In: Crandell, K.A. ed. The evolution of HIV. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins Press, pp.3-40.
Reply 2
In the sentence, you'd say (Wolffe, 2005)
In the bibilography, you'd reference Wolffe, 2005, In Hinnells.
(edited 3 years ago)
I don't get it sorry guys :frown: Can someone substitute it into the formula I provided? thanks x
Hi!
Best place to get your referencing and citations correctly is Cite them Right, it has examples and a formula there so it does it for you. Highly recommend, I use it all the time and it was recommended by my teachers. 😉👍🏻

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending