Can your parents see your browsing history through EE

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m scared that my parents can see everything that I have searched. What do they have access to ? Can they see what you’ve been doing / searching on apps like Twitter. I used to go on Omegle all the time but I’ve noticed now that this is content blocked. Does that mean my parents have specifically locked this or is it just a general no access to 18+ websites. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m scared that my parents can see everything that I have searched. What do they have access to ? Can they see what you’ve been doing / searching on apps like Twitter. I used to go on Omegle all the time but I’ve noticed now that this is content blocked. Does that mean my parents have specifically locked this or is it just a general no access to 18+ websites. Any help would be greatly appreciated
From speaking to the IT techs at my old school the main admin of the wifi in ur house I think can check what you’ve been on - like the websites nothing specific - but this is advanced and I don’t think parents would ever check as most of them don’t know you can do it ! If you want to be more private about it maybe try using a VPN or private browser, and delete your history straight after.

Also about Omegle being blocked I think a parent can block websites which are for over 18s - I am with o2 and it is the same for me. These aren’t specifically blocked though it is just all 18+ are restricted.

If you want to access these then get a VPN and it should work!

Hopefully this doesn’t sound too confusing.
username5173262
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Your parents can't see your searches, no. However your ISP (i.e EE, Virgin, TalkTalk etc) can see what you search but wont ever send that back to your parents. They keep this for police inquiries and such. If on company or school WiFi then the school / company will be able to see.

edit: answering the second half of the question, yes they probably put a block on certain types of websites (flagged 18+ or similar) but that would not be because of your search history being leaked to them
Last edited by username5173262; 1 year ago
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
From speaking to the IT techs at my old school the main admin of the wifi in ur house I think can check what you’ve been on - like the websites nothing specific - but this is advanced and I don’t think parents would ever check as most of them don’t know you can do it ! If you want to be more private about it maybe try using a VPN or private browser, and delete your history straight after.

Also about Omegle being blocked I think a parent can block websites which are for over 18s - I am with o2 and it is the same for me. These aren’t specifically blocked though it is just all 18+ are restricted.

If you want to access these then get a VPN and it should work!

Hopefully this doesn’t sound too confusing.
hi, i’m reaaally late to this but i wanted to ask since i’m on the same o2 plan - if i click on a site that is blocked, will my parents (who are in charge of the bill) be notified that i have tried to access it? i’m less worried about them knowing i was on a restricted site and more worried about them knowing exactly WHAT site i was on...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (40)
70.18%
In the post (2)
3.51%
Text (7)
12.28%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
14.04%

Watched Threads