Addicted to social media sites and omegle

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
This is probably going to sound stupid or silly but I am addicted and I mean addicted to instagram and snapchat mainly and I am addicted to omegle. I can't stop going on these websites and get extremely anxious when I put my phone down even for 5 mins. I can't get off these sites and I really need help. Of course nothing for this type of addiction is available on NHS and I am really struggling. It has affected me all Christmas, I have been unable to revise for my uni exams and feel like I will fail them because of this stupid addiction. I don't know what to do anymore I've tried blocking, deleting the apps, blocking omegle but I end up unblocking or reinstalling every time I dont know what to do anymore
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Try to find other activities to pass the time. Learn new hobbies or whatever. Just do something which will prevent you from going on social media a lot.

And how can you be addicted to Omegle? I enjoy it (sometimes), but it's not something I'd, personally, say I'm addicted to.
username5457326
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
try out new hobbies to keep you busy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.1%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (30)
16.39%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (30)
16.39%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (27)
14.75%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (50)
27.32%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.03%

Watched Threads