The Student Room Group

uni compare

hi guys
so can i please have some insights on coventry and cardiff uni
i am doing biomed but other than the subject i am looking for amaing freinships , goofy banter and just spontenous advemturous thrills with uni life that when i remeber in 10 years time would make me roll with laughter I am really looking to have a really fun time , making the best freinds ever
aswell as good academic help and support
can i please have details regaeding these topics thank youu!
Cardiff is here

Coventry is here

If I were you, I wouldn't choose my university based on 'banter'
Original post by Anonymous
Cardiff is here

Coventry is here

If I were you, I wouldn't choose my university based on 'banter'

no no its not based on the banter . at the end of te day if the subject isnt taught well or i dont like the modules i will be putt off but i am talking about balnce of both .
i dont wanna have a boring life of uni where i go in the morning , learn and come on on loop for 3 years or even more
i wanna be willing to go because of how enjoyable , or how much banter there is aswell as academics . if i am struggling in academics and i have an amaing freind circle i will atleast be in a good position to stay motivated and progresseive
so that aspect is very important to me .
i know it may not sound very mature but i am saying this just as a basic cincept or idea - you know how the showcase uni life and these young days in films and shows its something like that but obviously a little more realictic
i have always struggled to make those type of freinsdhips so i am looking for that in uni blended with academics and everything else
Original post by samantha joseph
hi guys
so can i please have some insights on coventry and cardiff uni
i am doing biomed but other than the subject i am looking for amaing freinships , goofy banter and just spontenous advemturous thrills with uni life that when i remeber in 10 years time would make me roll with laughter I am really looking to have a really fun time , making the best freinds ever
aswell as good academic help and support
can i please have details regaeding these topics thank youu!

Original post by samantha joseph
no no its not based on the banter . at the end of te day if the subject isnt taught well or i dont like the modules i will be putt off but i am talking about balnce of both .
i dont wanna have a boring life of uni where i go in the morning , learn and come on on loop for 3 years or even more
i wanna be willing to go because of how enjoyable , or how much banter there is aswell as academics . if i am struggling in academics and i have an amaing freind circle i will atleast be in a good position to stay motivated and progresseive
so that aspect is very important to me .
i know it may not sound very mature but i am saying this just as a basic cincept or idea - you know how the showcase uni life and these young days in films and shows its something like that but obviously a little more realictic
i have always struggled to make those type of freinsdhips so i am looking for that in uni blended with academics and everything else

Hi Samantha,

I'm a final year Biomedical Science student and I can say for myself I have had a fantastic time here at Coventry. The course itself is fantastic, super interesting and you are assessed in multiple ways which can play to any of your strengths. The academics here are wonderful; they are super helpful and never leave you unanswered or confused. There are so many ways to get help from them and your peers on the course. The online platform that we use 'Aula' is a great site which allows you to interact with the academics and other students in your cohort.

I have made some amazing life-long friends here thanks to how the course is taught and from the societies and sports clubs here. There are hundreds to choose from meaning you get to meet like-minded people with similar interests to you, outside of your course. The socials are a great way of getting to know more people and do something fun. There are lots of things to do here also to give you the chance of spending time with new people.

At the beginning of the semesters, the uni puts on lots of activities e.g. games tournaments and animals in the library, day trips to places, abroad trips and more.

I hope this gives you an insight about Coventry University! If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask :smile:

Amy
Coventry University - Coventry
Biomedical Science student
Cardiff is higher ranked and has a better reputation in general. The biomed course has slightly higher entry standards indicating that you will learn more. Cardiff is a much more interesting city than Coventry.

I know which I'd prefer.

You will find friends and banter at every university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending