The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL/Sciences Po double diploma

Hello, I am preparing my application for UCL/Sciences Po and cannot see whether they are still requiring students to sit the TSA.
I note that interviews have moved to online, but there is no mention of the TSA. I assume that since assessment days can no longer take place, they have abandoned the TSA for this cycle but I don't have clear answers to my emails to UCL admissions. Thanks if anyone can advise

Scroll to see replies

Well on the official TSA website it says that at UCL, the TSA is only required for ESPS and ISPS :smile: so I would assume you don't have to sit it
https://www.admissionstesting.org/for-test-takers/thinking-skills-assessment/tsa-ucl/about-tsa-ucl/
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I have a question for you in turn haha, do u apply for the double diploma through UCL or through Sciences Po?
Reply 3
Aha, but it is precisely a variant of the ESPS that I am applying for - the dual-degree ESPS UCL/Sciences Po

You must first apply to UCL via UCAS, then you will be approached by Sciences Po for additional documents
Reply 4
TSA will be moved online! ESPS/ISPS applicants will still have to take the TSA for admission unless they've already sent you an email on successful admission (cases that don't need to take the TSA). There's one in Jan and one in March, and UCL will email you on which one they've signed you up for
Original post by cecee77
TSA will be moved online! ESPS/ISPS applicants will still have to take the TSA for admission unless they've already sent you an email on successful admission (cases that don't need to take the TSA). There's one in Jan and one in March, and UCL will email you on which one they've signed you up for

Hey, are you applying for ISPS/ESPS too? Any idea how far in advance they mail you before you have to take the test? Because the one at the end of January would be in about 20 days, wouldn't that be a bit of a short notice if they tell you like a week before?
Original post by Frenchchap
Aha, but it is precisely a variant of the ESPS that I am applying for - the dual-degree ESPS UCL/Sciences Po

You must first apply to UCL via UCAS, then you will be approached by Sciences Po for additional documents

okay thanks!
Original post by waitanddrinktea
Hey, are you applying for ISPS/ESPS too? Any idea how far in advance they mail you before you have to take the test? Because the one at the end of January would be in about 20 days, wouldn't that be a bit of a short notice if they tell you like a week before?

Heyy Ik this is random but do you Itโ€™s competitive to get into undergrad chemical engineering at ucl?
Original post by sanuka twinkle
Heyy Ik this is random but do you Itโ€™s competitive to get into undergrad chemical engineering at ucl?

Woow, no idea at all, but maybe this can help? https://www.admissionreport.com/university-college-london
From what i can tell, the Bachelor in chemical engineering is neither one of the most competitive nor of the least competitive courses, so the acceptance rate should be between 19 and 91%. Idk how credible the website is tho ...
Woow, no idea at all, but maybe this can help? https://www.admissionreport.com/university-college-london
From what i can tell, the Bachelor in chemical engineering is neither one of the most competitive nor of the least competitive courses, so the acceptance rate should be between 19 and 91%. Idk how credible the website is tho ...

Okay...thank you so much:smile:
Reply 10

yups i applied for ISPS!! but I received a direct conditional offer so I'm not sure when they'll send the email sorry can't be more helpful abt that but i suppose if they haven't already sent it to you they might ask you to take the TSA in march!! because I remember sometime in December someone else got the email abt the TSA from ucl :smile:
Reply 11

yups i applied for ISPS!! but I received a direct conditional offer so I'm not sure when they'll send the email :frown: sorry can't be more helpful abt that, but i suppose if they haven't already sent it to you they might ask you to take the TSA in march!! because I remember sometime in December someone else got the email abt the TSA from ucl :smile: also not sure if you've already applied but you would need to send in ur application to UCL EISPS via UCAS first
Original post by cecee77
yups i applied for ISPS!! but I received a direct conditional offer so I'm not sure when they'll send the email sorry can't be more helpful abt that but i suppose if they haven't already sent it to you they might ask you to take the TSA in march!! because I remember sometime in December someone else got the email abt the TSA from ucl :smile:

Thanks and Congrats! May I ask what your stats are? And are you firming UCL?

I hope they ask me in March, I think it is more likely anyways because technically, my application is only being considered for ESPS since the 6th of January because I changed from ISPS to ESPS and I'm not sure if it's then considered by different people :smile:
Reply 13
Thanks and Congrats! May I ask what your stats are? And are you firming UCL?

I hope they ask me in March, I think it is more likely anyways because technically, my application is only being considered for ESPS since the 6th of January because I changed from ISPS to ESPS and I'm not sure if it's then considered by different people :smile:

Yups sure!! I can PM them to you :smile:

Not sure whether I'll be firming UCL yet because I want to wait for the rest of my admissions results first especially since I'm also applying to local universities and I need to discuss my options with my parents since they'll be funding my degree oops. But UCL is definitely in my top 3/4 because I really like the year of study abroad + the dedicated support for learning another language!

Yups I think that if you changed your course choice in Jan they'll consider you with the rest of the applicants that applied in Jan!! So it's more likely that they'll ask you to go for the TSA in March. Atb to you!!
Original post by Frenchchap

Hey
do you have any tips for the supporting statements for both Sciences Po and UCL? They give very little guidelines
Reply 15
Hi, has anyone heard back from UCL/SciencePo? I'm curious as to how much warning people will get before having an interview?
Hello!

I am looking to apply for the Sciencespo/UCL dual degree next year and would like to talk to someone about personal statements! Please let me know if you can help me out! :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by ennaililjoy
Hello!

I am looking to apply for the Sciencespo/UCL dual degree next year and would like to talk to someone about personal statements! Please let me know if you can help me out! :smile:

Hi there! I've applied this year, and put a lot of time and research into this program. I'd be more than willing to tell you what I know, but given I haven't been admitted yet (or at all), I'd understand your reservations.
Original post by mbly
Hi there! I've applied this year, and put a lot of time and research into this program. I'd be more than willing to tell you what I know, but given I haven't been admitted yet (or at all), I'd understand your reservations.

Hello! Thank you for your reply! I appreciate any help I can get so could I please message you?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by ennaililjoy
Hello! Thank you for your reply! I appreciate any help I can get so could I please message you?

Of course!

Quick Reply

Latest