Physics questions - AQA paper 1 2020

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
RVal-
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi all,
So I’ve been going through paper 1 I did and I think some questions were marked wrong, could anyone answer one or more of the following questions? Thanks

1. Determine whether the following reaction is possible for the neutral pion π^0
π^0->e^- + u^+ + (electron anti neutrino)

2. A student suggests that the kaon K^0 and the anti-Kaon K^0(bar on top) are the same particle, discuss whether this suggestion is correct
hedgefund45356
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
do you still have the paper
tomp03_
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
For question 1:
Yes the reaction can take place. All properties are conserved

Question 2:
No they are not the same particle. They might have the same charge, but the K^0 has a strangeness of -1, whereas the antikaon has a strangeness of +1
Eldw
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Did u get it
omarsharif8
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tomp03_)
For question 1:
Yes the reaction can take place. All properties are conserved

Question 2:
No they are not the same particle. They might have the same charge, but the K^0 has a strangeness of -1, whereas the antikaon has a strangeness of +1
I can confirm, this is correct
Adam_Azmy
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hello guys i have mocks tomz, anyone know what questions are coming up on the 2020 AQA AS physics Paper 1???

Its urgent help a bredrin out

thanks, AdGOAT
Eldw
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
no idea sorry this is A2 good luck tho
Penny456
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Adam_Azmy)
Hello guys i have mocks tomz, anyone know what questions are coming up on the 2020 AQA AS physics Paper 1???

Its urgent help a bredrin out

thanks, AdGOAT
I have mine tomorrow! What came up?? hope it went well for you
LordofMoria
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by omarsharif8)
I can confirm, this is correct
Correct me if I'm wrong but lepton number is not conserved so the reaction cannot happen?
Eldw
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LordofMoria)
Correct me if I'm wrong but lepton number is not conserved so the reaction cannot happen?
nevermind I was talking bout the kaon stuff
Last edited by Eldw; 1 year ago
the_icy_goldfish
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Does anyone have any links to any threads or anything do to with the second paper?
Milad.2003
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Penny456)
I have mine tomorrow! What came up?? hope it went well for you
hey have you done it? do have the paper? and can you upload pics or at least tell me what comes up?
LordofMoria
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Milad.2003)
hey have you done it? do have the paper? and can you upload pics or at least tell me what comes up?
hey, I have done it and have a copy however it has my answers scribbled over it (not entirely correct lol) lmk if you still want it
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
2020 papers haven't been made publicly available by the exam boards yet, so sharing them on here isn't allowed
X
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (37)
26.06%
As I expected (46)
32.39%
Harder (52)
36.62%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.93%

Watched Threads