The Student Room Group

Student finance?!

What do I do about my student finance? I’m planning on running away and leaving when I start university so it minimises the risks how will I be able to do my student finance application without having parents to fill it out or an address to send letters too?
Reply 1
Original post by 17starr
What do I do about my student finance? I’m planning on running away and leaving when I start university so it minimises the risks how will I be able to do my student finance application without having parents to fill it out or an address to send letters too?

risks of what?
You need to register an address when you apply for student finance where they will send you the SFE letters. This may be your home address (not necessarily your family home if you are estranged) or it may be the same as your term time (student accommodation) address if you are on a long lease for that. But they do need to send the letters somewhere, because you will need to sign and fill out forms they mail to you.

It isn't necessary to have your parents provide financial information for your SFE application, however if they do not you will only be able to get the minimum loan amount unless you can prove you are classified as an independent student. However you will need to provide proof to be classified as such, which may be difficult for some categories (e.g. proving you are permanently estranged from them).
Reply 3
Original post by jas149
risks of what?

Being caught and not being able to leave without them knowing where I’m going to live

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending