The Student Room Group

Uni Offers

Has anyone been getting any offers or rejections lately? My last offer was in early December. Since then neither I nor anyone I know has got any replies lately so I was just wondering if many unis are giving offers out during this time.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BusinessMus
Has anyone been getting any offers or rejections lately? My last offer was in early December. Since then neither I nor anyone I know has got any replies lately so I was just wondering if many unis are giving offers out during this time.

Got one from Newcastle last Tuesday, and just before Christmas got offers from nottingham and york. Still waiting on St. Andrews and UCL

Most people have been on annual leave & xmas break.

University administrative staff returned on Jan 4th but their has been a lot to manage with the new lockdowns as well as all the standard academic workload to manage before they can look at admissions.
Reply 3
Original post by jasmineh946187
Got one from Newcastle last Tuesday, and just before Christmas got offers from nottingham and york. Still waiting on St. Andrews and UCL

Oh nice congrats! Hopefully mine come soon. I'm still waiting to hear from Leeds, Liverpool and Leicester
Reply 4
Original post by mnot
Most people have been on annual leave & xmas break.

University administrative staff returned on Jan 4th but their has been a lot to manage with the new lockdowns as well as all the standard academic workload to manage before they can look at admissions.

Ohhh ok I didn't know that. Good to know
Oh nice congrats! Hopefully mine come soon. I'm still waiting to hear from Leeds, Liverpool and Leicester

Thanks! My bestfriend got an offer from Liverpool in December and applied in November if that helps ! Goodluck :smile:
Reply 6

I’m waiting to hear from Leeds too! It’s my last one that I’m waiting on , what are you applying for?

I got an offer from Queen Mary and Swansea this week.
Reply 8
Original post by Tashax2
I’m waiting to hear from Leeds too! It’s my last one that I’m waiting on , what are you applying for?

I'm applying for business and management, Leeds is the only one idm waiting for because they said wait 6-8 weeks for a reply and I'm only in the 6th week
Reply 9
Original post by jasmineh946187
Thanks! My bestfriend got an offer from Liverpool in December and applied in November if that helps ! Goodluck :smile:

Thank you!
Original post by 5hyl33n
I got an offer from Queen Mary and Swansea this week.

Good for you! You waiting for any more offers?
Good for you! You waiting for any more offers?

Thanks! :biggrin:

Yep. Cardiff, Surrey and Liverpool.
i got lancaster on the 4th of jan and dundee in dec last year
I'm worried as no one else has replied too
I'm applying for business and management, Leeds is the only one idm waiting for because they said wait 6-8 weeks for a reply and I'm only in the 6th week

Yes me too I got that email , in the weekly count did you count the half term or not ?
Original post by ipsabhatt
i got lancaster on the 4th of jan and dundee in dec last year
I'm worried as no one else has replied too

I wouldn't worry because it's not that you've been rejected so a reply will come im just impatient lol
Original post by Tashax2
Yes me too I got that email , in the weekly count did you count the half term or not ?

Yeah I did count it but I'll just wait I feel like they'll reply after the new deadline anyway. What course are you applying for?
Yeah I did count it but I'll just wait I feel like they'll reply after the new deadline anyway. What course are you applying for?

Business management with marketing! So similar to you I’m also on my 6th week now too and yeah I feel like it’ll be after the ucas deadline. I’m getting abit impatient/worried because It’s my dream uni and I want to firm it sooo I’m worried ! Where else did you apply ?
I wouldn't worry because it's not that you've been rejected so a reply will come im just impatient lol

trust me im impatient too ppl ik have had all 5 offers or even unconditionals a week after applying
idk makes me doubt my applicatipon ahah
Reply 18
I got an offer from Glasgow and Lincoln on the 5th of jan I'm still waiting for my other 3 though
Original post by ipsabhatt
trust me im impatient too ppl ik have had all 5 offers or even unconditionals a week after applying
idk makes me doubt my applicatipon ahah

don't let it doubt your application. most unis who give out unconditionals aren't usually the best and are in desperate want of students as they know they are not going to be the most popular uni (compared to the top unis). majority of top uni's give out offers around January/February so no need to worry im sure your application is good! some courses are just more popular than others so of course it will take longer to give out offers so maybe this is why they haven't got back to you yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending