The Student Room Group

English A level coursework help

Hi, does anyone know any poets/poetry collections I could look at through a marxist view for my poetry coursework? I started doing one but then found there was literally nothing online about the poet or the poems so it was quite difficult! x
Ts Eliot the waste lands at a stretch - all about ww1 and the effects on people, so you could do some Marxist stuff. So maybe have a Google.

William Blake Innocence and Experience probably the easiest- he just goes on about how badly the poor are treated.

Could I ask why you are just looking at it from a Marxist view- I thought you had to use multiple interpretations??
Original post by Lily_23
Ts Eliot the waste lands at a stretch - all about ww1 and the effects on people, so you could do some Marxist stuff. So maybe have a Google.

William Blake Innocence and Experience probably the easiest- he just goes on about how badly the poor are treated.

Could I ask why you are just looking at it from a Marxist view- I thought you had to use multiple interpretations??

Thank you, I'll have a look at TS Eliot. Unfortunately, I already do William Blake Innocence and Experience as part of the poetry for English Lit A level so we aren't allowed to use that for coursework. Do you have any other recommendations that I could use?

Also, with my sixth form we have two coursework essays for English Lit (one novel based and one poetry based) and we were told we could only focus on one interpretation for each one so I am doing a feminist lens for my novel essay and a Marxist lens for my poetry essay.

Quick Reply