Physiotherapy foundation year

Watch this thread
Browny2004
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Has anybody had an offer for physiotherapy with foundation year for 2021?
zainbutt15
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Browny2004)
Has anybody had an offer for physiotherapy with foundation year for 2021?
hey! i’ve applied for:

-keele university (physio with foundation)
-uni of wolverhampton (physio with foundation)
-uni of leicester (physio with foundation)
-uni of nottingham (health sciences foundation course)
-oxford brookes uni (physiotherapy)

i’ve had offers from wolverhampton and oxford brookes so far. i’ve been unsuccessful for nottingham and keele and i’m waiting on a decision for leicester.

i would recommend applying to wolverhampton for physio with foundation because there are no a level requirements so i’ll be putting it as my insurance choice.

hope this helps and good luck
zain
zoe.nyaku
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by zainbutt15)
hey! i’ve applied for:

i’ve had offers from wolverhampton and oxford brookes so far. i’ve been unsuccessful for nottingham and keele and i’m waiting on a decision for leicester.

i would recommend applying to wolverhampton for physio with foundation because there are no a level requirements so i’ll be putting it as my insurance choice.

zain
I also applied to keele, wolverhampton and leicester as foundation years
zainbutt15
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
i really want to go to leicester if i get an offer, but the foundation year is filled with a lot of a level biology content which i think i’m going to find challenging
zoe.nyaku
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
i really want to go to leicester if i get an offer, but the foundation year is filled with a lot of a level biology content which i think i’m going to find challenging
Leicester is my top choice too, the course there looks really good. Are you doing a level biology right now?
zainbutt15
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by zoe.nyaku)
Leicester is my top choice too, the course there looks really good. Are you doing a level biology right now?
yes i am
12603Toy
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
yes i am
I’ve had an offer for Nottingham Foundation year health science ..it came through very quickly after I applied.
ollietrickett
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi Zain,Im also looking at a few of the same unis. When did you submit application for oxford brookes and wolverhampton, and when did you get the acceptance? I thought these decisions would be made after the UCAS deadline. Is it different for foundation courses?Also would you mind sharing your A Level or other qualifications so i know where I might stand with getting accepted? Many thanksOllie
ollietrickett
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 12603Toy)
I’ve had an offer for Nottingham Foundation year health science ..it came through very quickly after I applied.
Hi, I would be interested to know your A Level results, when you applied and when you heard back if you're happy to share?
As I wrote to Zain, I thought that Universitys didn't respond to applications until after the deadline? Is it different for foundation courses?

Thanks
Ollie
12603Toy
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ollietrickett)
Hi, I would be interested to know your A Level results, when you applied and when you heard back if you're happy to share?
As I wrote to Zain, I thought that Universitys didn't respond to applications until after the deadline? Is it different for foundation courses?

Thanks
Ollie
Hi Ollie

I put my UCAS form in before Christmas and got a response back from Nottingham early Jan for their foundation health science course, so they were quite quick. I’m predicted Distinction in my BTEC and B grades in my two A levels.
Browny2004
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi all, I submitted my ucas just before Xmas and had offers and interviews 2 weeks ago. Currently on access to science, lecturer said the unis seem to be making offers early this year
amyheran1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
omg hey me tooo, ive found some other people who are planning on going next year shall we make like an insta gc??
ollietrickett
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi Ollie

I put my UCAS form in before Christmas and got a response back from Nottingham early Jan for their foundation health science course, so they were quite quick. I’m predicted Distinction in my BTEC and B grades in my two A levels.
Great thanks for getting back so quick! I wonder how many places they've given to people already
amyheran1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Great thanks for getting back so quick! I wonder how many places they've given to people already
Hey Ollie, have you applied to notts healthcare foundation then?
ollietrickett
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by amyheran1)
Hey Ollie, have you applied to notts healthcare foundation then?
Hi Amy,

I'm applying to:
Nottingham University - Health Sciences Foundation Year and thereafter Physiotherapy
Liverpool University - Foundation to Health and Veterinary Studies and thereafter Physiotherapy

My A Level grades are:
Performing Arts - B
Dance - B
Psychology - D
I'm also 25 years old so would be applying as a mature student.

I'm still finalising other choices.
I'm looking at the life sciences foundation at Oxford Brookes but can't seem to find which 3 year courses it tracks onto. Can anyone help me find this? I've emailed them but not expecting a quick reply
Last edited by ollietrickett; 1 year ago
amyheran1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi Amy,

I'm applying to:
Nottingham University - Health Sciences Foundation Year and thereafter Physiotherapy
Liverpool University - Foundation to Health and Veterinary Studies and thereafter Physiotherapy

My A Level grades are:
Performing Arts - B
Dance - B
Psychology - D
I'm also 25 years old so would be applying as a mature student.

I'm still finalising other choices.
I'm looking at the life sciences foundation at Oxford Brookes but can't seem to find which 3 year courses it tracks onto. Can anyone help me find this? I've emailed them but not expecting a quick reply
Those sound great lmk if you receive an off from notts and plan to go, I’m making a little group chat for us all to get to know each other a bit, best of luck!
ollietrickett
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by amyheran1)
Those sound great lmk if you receive an off from notts and plan to go, I’m making a little group chat for us all to get to know each other a bit, best of luck!
Thanks Amy, will do! Well done on getting your place, best of luck
ollietrickett
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
hey! i’ve applied for:

zain
Hi Zain,

did you apply to a foundation course or Oxford Brookes or just straight onto the Physiotherapy degree? What grades do you have?

Cheers, Ollie
Rho.xx
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hey, I've applied to Leicester for physiotherapy with a foundation year as one of my choices! Has anyone had any update? Thanks
amyheran1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rho.xx)
Hey, I've applied to Leicester for physiotherapy with a foundation year as one of my choices! Has anyone had any update? Thanks
I just got an interview offer a few days ago - absolutely terrified it’s my second choice over notts 🤞🏼
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (103)
40.23%
They're exactly what I expected (62)
24.22%