HELP me get a dog!

Watch
SR09876
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi
I need your help to convince my parents to get me a dog. I’ve been asking one for as long as I can remember. I’ve tried everything- I get good grades and I’m responsible, I even made them a PowerPoint presentation a while back with everything they need to know. I’ve done so much research and I’m so ready for a dog but nothing’s working.. I need help idk what else to do.. any tips that may work? Or have worked for you? Thank you
Cheesecake04
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Tell them you will adopt one instead of buy one ?
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
You need to understand why they dont want to get a dog first. If one of your parents is, say, allergic to dogs, then you may as well give it up. The responsibility of a family pet like a dog falls on everyone in the household, if your family just doesnt like dogs or doesnt think they could care for one, then unfortunately you will need to learn to accept it. Why not looking into and asking for an lower commitment pet?
nikkiblonsky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
whatever you do dont go to korea
V℮rsions
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Imagine if you found a partner right, and you had a kid with that person right, and then that kid was like "ayo, can I bring an animal into this house?". I'd say no too to be honest. Maybe they just don't want a dog, who knows.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by SR09876)
Hi
I need your help to convince my parents to get me a dog. I’ve been asking one for as long as I can remember. I’ve tried everything- I get good grades and I’m responsible, I even made them a PowerPoint presentation a while back with everything they need to know. I’ve done so much research and I’m so ready for a dog but nothing’s working.. I need help idk what else to do.. any tips that may work? Or have worked for you? Thank you
Ultimately you need everyone in the household to want a dog to make it work.

Dogs need to be exercised, entertained, fed, cared for. People need to want to engage it and understand what it wants. If your parents don't want a dog its not fair on the animal to get it.
Who's going to look after the dog during the day, who's going to train it, pay the vet bills. Dogs are great but are really a part of the family and as such need the whole family to want dogs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (200)
43.67%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (51)
11.14%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.64%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (98)
21.4%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (47)
10.26%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.9%

Watched Threads