gcse123hjbjh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
hi I'm in yr 8, I'm really really stressed about my gcses because we have missed on a lot of content i find learning from home very difficult and hardly understand anything. Does anyone think 2024 gcse exams will be cancelled?
- stressed teen
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Way way too early for anybody to know about that
flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi! Are you sure you’ve even started the gcse courses yet, at my school we started them in Y10 and even if you have, you’ve got over 3 years before your exams which is plenty of time to go over bits you don’t understand!

If you don’t understand stuff it’s probably best to speak to your teachers about the workload/what you don’t understand :yep:
Pichi
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
You’re in Y8. Nothing you’re learning now will be relevant at all to GCSEs. There might be a very small impact (some minor adjustments, maybe) on 2022 exams, but it’s extremely unlikely things will be affected beyond that. Don’t stress about Y8. Just pay attention in your lessons, do your work and enjoy your childhood.
username5173262
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
You don't start your GCSE content until Year 10 anyway, don't worry about it, you haven't missed anything
khadijaaaxxxx
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
im in year 9 now, so im doing mine in 2023. i don't think you have anything to worry about because you don't learn any gcse content in year 8, but that's just my experience with it.
Pichi
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by V℮rsions)
You don't start your GCSE content until Year 10 anyway, don't worry about it, you haven't missed anything
Some people start in Y9. I did. But yeah, Y7 and 8 are for building the foundations for GCSE. Besides, anything that was relevant in Y7 and 8 is covered at the start of GCSE anyway (e.g. like animal and plant cells). Maybe spend your time figuring out your interests and exploring topics or subjects you’re curious in if you want to do something, OP.
username5173262
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Pichi)
Some people start in Y9. I did. But yeah, Y7 and 8 are for building the foundations for GCSE. Besides, anything that was relevant in Y7 and 8 is covered at the start of GCSE anyway (e.g. like animal and plant cells). Maybe spend your time figuring out your interests and exploring topics or subjects you’re curious in if you want to do something, OP.
Ouch, choosing GCSE's in Year 8 doesn't sound too fun. At least not from the "I'm 13 and everything is stressful" POV .
But yeah, don't worry about it OP, you will be fine.
username5623532
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by V℮rsions)
Year 9 actually thanks to Michael Gove.
username5173262
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymousnope)
Year 9 actually thanks to Michael Gove.
That's even better, now you have more time to cover content. Most people before started at Year 10, so missing some Year 9 GCSE content really isn't gonna do much damage. You'll only go back over it in the following years.
angelaisha
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
i’m in yr 9 and honestly i feel exactly the same, i think don’t stress because know one can say what will happen so live in the present. I would hate for gcses and prom to be cancelled but we just have to deal with it because this is just how it is now, hope this helps! ☺️
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by angelaisha)
i’m in yr 9 and honestly i feel exactly the same, i think don’t stress because know one can say what will happen so live in the present. I would hate for gcses and prom to be cancelled but we just have to deal with it because this is just how it is now, hope this helps! ☺️
Year 9s will be fine! Should the vaccine rollout continue at the rate it's going, corona should be handled as much as possible by the time you do your exams.

Enjoy the moments you make in Year 9 - you'll treasure these.
angelaisha
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
thank you, i’m praying that your correct 🤧💕
absolutelysprout
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
you're in year 8 so you won't be starting gsce courses until next year at the earliest- honestly, it's not worth stressing about that far in advance as it'll do you no good! just focus on doing the work you're doing right now
pxrx_dx
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by gcse123hjbjh)
hi I'm in yr 8, I'm really really stressed about my gcses because we have missed on a lot of content i find learning from home very difficult and hardly understand anything. Does anyone think 2024 gcse exams will be cancelled?
- stressed teen
Chill. I didn't even think 2021 exams would be cancelled but look at what happened. Now I am home, not doing official exams.
I'm sure exams will go on in 2024. Correct me if I'm wrong. And you shouldn't even be thinking about them. Live your life and stop stressing.
- even more stressed out teen.
username4942066
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
ur only in yr 8, you haven't started the course yet, you've got plenty of time to catch up. it would be absolutely stupid if the government cancels 2024 exams
Hiiiiiiiii XD
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,I’m in year 8 going on to year 9 as well.I completely understand how you feel. I am feeling quite stressed out about it. I think the best thing to do it every test you have try to get a really high score because what they might do is find an average of all your scores for the future. So I would just take each day and time you have as a valuable time so that you can learn and cover everything you need to learn and cover the things you’ve missed out. What I’m doing is after every lesson I’m just revising and going over my class work notes. I hope this reply helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
6.84%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (31)
16.32%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (31)
16.32%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (28)
14.74%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (52)
27.37%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (35)
18.42%

Watched Threads