The Student Room Group

Will my 2020-2022 GCSE'S effect the chances of getting employed?

Hi, I'm a year 10 student in Wales studying options- History, Spanish and Computer Science.
I would like to seek employment in a programming oriented job.

I was wondering if when being interviewed, the employer will take into account whether my GCSE'S were done in 2020 etc.

For example, if I was up against somebody who left high school in 2018 and done all GCSE'S, whether the employer would favour this person for actually experiencing the entirety of their GCSE courses rather than me for skipping most of them and getting an estimated grade. Apologies for the long question, any answers will be greatly appreciated.
Original post by brit0harry
Hi, I'm a year 10 student in Wales studying options- History, Spanish and Computer Science.

I was wondering if when being interviewed, the employer will take into account whether my GCSE'S were done in 2020 etc.

For example, if I was up against somebody who left high school in 2018 and done all GCSE'S, whether the employer would favour this person for actually experiencing the entirety of their GCSE courses rather than me for skipping most of them and getting an estimated grade. Apologies for the long question, any answers will be greatly appreciated.

Employers only really care about GCSEs (beyond passing English & Maths) if you have nothing higher (e.g. degree, A-Levels, Level 3 quals). Also, you're in Year 10 - your exams are unlikely to be that much disrupted.
Employers in tech will be more interested in your experience than your GCSEs, I can assure you.
Thankyou.
Original post by brit0harry

a) They wont care about your gcses after you've done alevels, uni, or whatever.
b) You're in year 10, not year 11 or 12 - it is VERY unlikely that you won't sit your gcse exams??

Quick Reply

Latest