The Student Room Group

Turning 17 soon and depressed

I'm turning 17 soon and I'm really depressed about it.
I literally do nothing because I have no energy and I feel like I've wasted so many years being sad, but I can't stop feeling that way.
I know 17 isn't really old in the whole grand scheme of things but to me it feels like I'm wasting my youth.
Original post by notsosure
I'm turning 17 soon and I'm really depressed about it.
I literally do nothing because I have no energy and I feel like I've wasted so many years being sad, but I can't stop feeling that way.
I know 17 isn't really old in the whole grand scheme of things but to me it feels like I'm wasting my youth.

You are still a teenager. Your youth, imho, starts at 21 and ends at 35. You still have time ahead of you.

I understand it is difficult, but dont let it put you down. Have a positive outlook, find a gf, chat with your mates etc,

At 17, you should be looking forward to going up to uni. I suggest that you apply to a campus uni with loads of people, so you can meet people and make friends. Good luck.
Reply 2
Original post by Wired_1800
You are still a teenager. Your youth, imho, starts at 21 and ends at 35. You still have time ahead of you.

I understand it is difficult, but dont let it put you down. Have a positive outlook, find a gf, chat with your mates etc,

At 17, you should be looking forward to going up to uni. I suggest that you apply to a campus uni with loads of people, so you can meet people and make friends. Good luck.

Thanks, I'm actually a girl and straight and I'm not really interested in finding a bf because I think I need to work on myself more and actually make proper friends.
Yeah I hope it changes when I go to uni and meet new people.
Original post by notsosure
Thanks, I'm actually a girl and straight and I'm not really interested in finding a bf because I think I need to work on myself more and actually make proper friends.
Yeah I hope it changes when I go to uni and meet new people.

It is fine to work on yourself. You have your future ahead of you, so remain positive. You don't need a bf but it is important to have different friends both girls and guys.
Reply 4
Original post by Wired_1800
It is fine to work on yourself. You have your future ahead of you, so remain positive. You don't need a bf but it is important to have different friends both girls and guys.

thanks (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending