shiningfunkNsoul
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hii,

writing an essay exploring the theme of conflict in a view from the bridge..

Can the way Arthur miller made Eddie the main protagonist,be considered a language or structural device? Ive talked about how he has internal conflict which makes him a catalyst for the future conflicts in the play and ive considered this a language device but im not sure if that is a valid point?
heldbygrace
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi, I did the theme of relationships in AVFTB so I know it quite well. I think if you give language examples of how he does it it is a language device, for example the quote ‘eyes like tunnels’ or if you are saying about how Eddie’s development of character changes over the play and how it creates conflict that would be structural. That point about him being a catalyst is really good, just support it with some quotes and pick out devices eg, adverb, adjective then it becomes language.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (7)
15.56%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (11)
24.44%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (3)
6.67%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (7)
15.56%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (1)
2.22%
I think it's an unfair expectation (15)
33.33%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
2.22%

Watched Threads