how would i answer these question for OCR alevel Religious studies

Watch this thread
versacegucci
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Spiritual values are just human values
Good can be based on its success in achieving its telos
The doctrine of double effect can be used to justify an action
Joe312
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by versacegucci)
Spiritual values are just human values
Good can be based on its success in achieving its telos
The doctrine of double effect can be used to justify an action
"Spiritual values are just human values" - spiritual means religious. This question is basically just asking whether individuals or society needs religion in order to have a stable and well-functioning basis for morality. If religious values are just human values, they aren't ultimately from God and are just as good as human values, however if spiritual values are from God and/or are better than secular/humanistic values, then they are not human values.

"Good can be based on its success in achieving its telos" - This question is just "Assess Aquinas' Natural Moral Law". Standard criticisms of Natural Law apply, if they succeed they should show that moral goodness does not depend on the achievement of telos.

"The doctrine of double effect can be used to justify an action" - You need to know one or two criticisms of the double effect to answer this criticism, and can also throw in one standard criticism of natural law, since if natural law fails the double effect fails.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (16)
23.19%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (7)
10.14%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
5.8%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (10)
14.49%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (16)
23.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
23.19%

Watched Threads