Who should lead in a relationship

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
In a healthy relationship, do you think the man should lead or should the woman lead? Or should it be an equal partnership?
oglez92
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
In a healthy relationship, do you think the man should lead or should the woman lead? Or should it be an equal partnership?
Leading what specific aspects of the relationship? The bedroom/sex, general/social plans, household, planning the dates.

I think most women are generslly attracted to men who will take the lead in these aspects. But men like to see some initiative from the woman too
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
The particpants determine the parameters of a healthy relationship.
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
The particpants determine the parameters of a healthy relationship.
ooo check this dude out...using big words

but yeah, what you said
Anonymous #1
(Original post by oglez92)
Leading what specific aspects of the relationship? The bedroom/sex, general/social plans, household, planning the dates.

I think most women are generslly attracted to men who will take the lead in these aspects. But men like to see some initiative from the woman too
Is this actually true though? Or is it an old fashioned view?
JoshDarnIt_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Will probably get flack for this by feminists and the like, but I believe men should be the leaders in a relationship.

A wise grandad once said - ''Never let a woman stipulate the rules and engagements of the relationship. If she does, misery starts immediately.''
Last edited by JoshDarnIt_; 5 months ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Arthur_Morgan)
Will probably get flack for this by feminists and the like, but I believe men should be the leaders in a relationship.

A wise grandad once said - ''Never let a woman stipulate the rules and engagements of the relationship. If she does, misery starts immediately.''
Would it depend on the personalities of the men and women involved though? There are a lot of couples where the woman is the “bread winner” and generally Lead the interactions. And they’re still happy couples.
username2825764
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
neither the man or woman; both should be equal stakeholders in the relationship.
Gaddafi
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Whenever I look at a woman controlling a relationship I think: "you sad man, damn you really sold your manhood huh".

Relationships should be equal.
Last edited by Gaddafi; 5 months ago
Gaddafi
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Would it depend on the personalities of the men and women involved though? There are a lot of couples where the woman is the “bread winner” and generally Lead the interactions. And they’re still happy couples.
Making more than your partner doesn't mean you then start controlling interactions.
JoshDarnIt_
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
If they're happy with the relationship being that way then sure, go right ahead. I'm not here to assert control over another's man's relationship.

But on the flip side, I believe men should be leaders, and that includes leading in the relationship.

The essence of a man is to be assertive and set boundaries but at the same time remain stoic, level-headed and calm.
oglez92
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Is this actually true though? Or is it an old fashioned view?
It's biology
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I don't think there is a "should". People are different, relationships are different; whatever works for each couple.
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago

A wise grandmother once said - "The man is the head in a relationships, but the woman is the neck, and she can turn the head any way she wants" ...
JoshDarnIt_
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by black tea)
A wise grandmother once said - "The man is the head in a relationships, but the woman is the neck, and she can turn the head any way she wants" ...
If I'm understanding that quote correctly, that doesn't sound like a good thing.
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
If I'm understanding that quote correctly, that doesn't sound like a good thing.
why not?
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
My family is Irish, the women are always in control :lol:
flamingolover
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
For me I’d want it to be equal. A relationship should be a partner ship (for me at least)
JoshDarnIt_
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by black tea)
why not?
Well going by my interpretation, it says to me that the woman controls the man and his decisions/how he thinks.
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Well going by my interpretation, it says to me that the woman controls the man and his decisions/how he thinks.
Well yeah, it's saying that the man is in change but that woman directing him; but that can be interpreted in a couple of ways - that they are working together or that the woman is manipulating/controlling the man (I've heard it used to mean both).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (184)
43.6%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.61%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.82%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (89)
21.09%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (42)
9.95%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.92%

Watched Threads