CANUFEELMYHEART
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’ve been told many times that i have very high level ideas in english lit however my writing isn’t always concise and all my sentences are awkwardly phrased.

How do i fix this???
ella128
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CANUFEELMYHEART)
I’ve been told many times that i have very high level ideas in english lit however my writing isn’t always concise and all my sentences are awkwardly phrased.

How do i fix this???
Hi! I'm in y13 studying English Lit and I would suggest identifying the point you want to make in each paragraph and sticking to that topic. Ie find a quote to support your point, pick a few words you can analyse and try to link this analysis to context or critical theories so that it flows smoothly and doesn't feel awkward to read. You avoid waffling and jumping to ideas that don't link using this approach too. Hope this helps!
CANUFEELMYHEART
Rep:
(Original post by ella128)
Hi! I'm in y13 studying English Lit and I would suggest identifying the point you want to make in each paragraph and sticking to that topic. Ie find a quote to support your point, pick a few words you can analyse and try to link this analysis to context or critical theories so that it flows smoothly and doesn't feel awkward to read. You avoid waffling and jumping to ideas that don't link using this approach too. Hope this helps!
Hi, thanks for the response it’s very useful for when i have to structure my sentences. Do you have any advice for english revision too??
ella128
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CANUFEELMYHEART)
Hi, thanks for the response it’s very useful for when i have to structure my sentences. Do you have any advice for english revision too??
No probem I break down each novel/ play into different sections: characters, themes, section summaries, critical theories, contexts and key quotes. I use flashcards to condense this key info but use whatever works for you - you could try posters, organising notes from class or anything else you can think of. If you have any other questions I'm happy to help.
CANUFEELMYHEART
Rep:
(Original post by ella128)
No probem I break down each novel/ play into different sections: characters, themes, section summaries, critical theories, contexts and key quotes. I use flashcards to condense this key info but use whatever works for you - you could try posters, organising notes from class or anything else you can think of. If you have any other questions I'm happy to help.
you are literally a legend tysm😭 I was a bit lost at the start of this year since i hadn’t really revised for english during gcse. So thank u so much!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
31.75%
They're what I expected (19)
30.16%
They're worse than what I expected (24)
38.1%

Watched Threads