The Student Room Group

Muslim at uni

How is uni as a Muslim?
Do you guys struggle making friends due to the fact you don’t drink?
Also what about eating out with friends, only being able to eat halal foods?
Any other struggles/ things that may be important?
Every uni I’ve been to (and it’s safe to assume the vast majority of others) have societies for black, Asian, ethnic minorities and most religions so you will find others

As far as drinking goes, nobody actually pays that much attention so you won’t stick out as such. Plus there are plenty of students, myself included, that just don’t drink bc they don’t want to.
Most unis do sober events and even if you do go to a drinking social, you don’t have to drink. Plus some people may need a sober friend to help them get home
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
How is uni as a Muslim?

It’s not that deep ar uni you will make friends non Muslim and Muslims

the non Muslim will understand if you just explain politely you Can still have fun without drinking
Original post by Anonymous
How is uni as a Muslim?

No much different to uni as a non-muslim, I would imagine.
No, you can still go out without drinking alcohol
Not a problem, just eat veggie
My tip would be to hang out with lots of different people and not just stick to muslims.
Reply 4
Original post by WantBeAnonymous
Every uni I’ve been to (and it’s safe to assume the vast majority of others) have societies for black, Asian, ethnic minorities and most religions so you will find others

As far as drinking goes, nobody actually pays that much attention so you won’t stick out as such. Plus there are plenty of students, myself included, that just don’t drink bc they don’t want to.
Most unis do sober events and even if you do go to a drinking social, you don’t have to drink. Plus some people may need a sober friend to help them get home

Cheers.
Reply 5
Oh ****, this page is back and they got rid of the trump/edl troll. Did you close it or did mods get there first?
Reply 6
Original post by Jmoore12
Oh ****, this page is back and they got rid of the trump/edl troll. Did you close it or did mods get there first?

Wdym?
Join your uni ISOC

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending