Cherrybobbles78
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
hi there
I’ve applied to UoM and MMU to do Speech and language therapy. Submitted two weeks ago. I’m a mature student and am so out of the loop. If I get an interview what should I expect? What is the NHS bursary
Any help would be great.
thanks
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Cherrybobbles78)
hi there
I’ve applied to UoM and MMU to do Speech and language therapy. Submitted two weeks ago. I’m a mature student and am so out of the loop. If I get an interview what should I expect? What is the NHS bursary
Any help would be great.
thanks
Hi Cherrybobbles78

We're excited to hear your interest in Manchester Met University! :yy: When you receive and accept the invitation to an interview, our Admissions Tutor will send an email closer to the date explaining the interview process and the link for the day. You should prepare to think about why you want to be a Speech and Language Therapist, what skills, knowledge and experience do you have? Why would you be a good candidate for this course? It might be beneficial to read around SLTs and what the job consists of.

Our BSc (Hons) Speech and Language Therapy course is NHS funded, this means in addition to your Student Finance, you may be eligible for extra funding. You can read about the bursary on the NHS Business Services Authority website. If you have further enquiries about the bursary you can contact their enquiries team.

If you haven't already, I would encourage you to attend one of our virtual open days. It is a great opportunity to find out more about the course, our amazing facilities and student accommodation. There is a chance to read back the previous chats between prospective students, tutors, current students and student life staff members. You might find questions you may have that have been asked and answered.

I hope this helps! Wishing you luck on your application! :crossedf:

Cheers
Jess
Cherrybobbles78
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University)
Hi Cherrybobbles78

We're excited to hear your interest in Manchester Met University! :yy: When you receive and accept the invitation to an interview, our Admissions Tutor will send an email closer to the date explaining the interview process and the link for the day. You should prepare to think about why you want to be a Speech and Language Therapist, what skills, knowledge and experience do you have? Why would you be a good candidate for this course? It might be beneficial to read around SLTs and what the job consists of.

Our BSc (Hons) Speech and Language Therapy course is NHS funded, this means in addition to your Student Finance, you may be eligible for extra funding. You can read about the bursary on the NHS Business Services Authority website. If you have further enquiries about the bursary you can contact their enquiries team.

If you haven't already, I would encourage you to attend one of our virtual open days. It is a great opportunity to find out more about the course, our amazing facilities and student accommodation. There is a chance to read back the previous chats between prospective students, tutors, current students and student life staff members. You might find questions you may have that have been asked and answered.

I hope this helps! Wishing you luck on your application! :crossedf:

Cheers
Jess
Thank you Jess. To be honest I’m not sure I have enough points for the three year course so have also applied for the course with foundation year too. I was hoping that my level 2 supporting teaching certificate and Elklan would be counted but I don’t think that’s the case. Nor could I find anywhere to put the financial CeMAP and CeFA qualifications I did previously.
As a 42 year old mature student I am much more certain of the path I want to take into Speech and Language , it’s just finding a way to start the journey!
Thank you for the tip about the Virtual open day. I attended on Saturday. It was very informative.
Kind regards
Cheryl
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (117)
27.08%
England (154)
35.65%
Belgium (33)
7.64%
Germany (42)
9.72%
Spain (10)
2.31%