The Student Room Group

Are you sitting comfortably? Because I have one hell of a blog for you.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mintchocchip
Respect dude! That takes talent.

Original post by ^_^/
i have a load of hwk due his week and im browsing tsr

Im in a biology lesson xD
Wow your blog looks amazing! I also wanted to be more active, bc im not cycling to school anymore, so ive done 2 10minute Pamela Reif abs workouts each day, today will be my 4th day I recommend them...

Spoiler

Original post by Rara345
Aw ty, I've been knitting since about yr7 (im in yr 12 now) so i've had quite a lot of practise, no i have never crocheted (haha the spelling looks so weird to me) but my older sister has, she crocheted a blanket in a similar way to the one you described, I hope yours goes well!
What was the TV show, it must have been good!! x

Aww thanks. Yeh the spelling is so weird xD Its called my family, its a mid-2000s BBC sitcom that they put on Iplayer last lockdown. I don't know if its still on there, but if you're into sitcoms its really good! I don't know if you've watched love actually, but the guy who plays colin the boy who goes to America to get the girls in that is in it.
Original post by Rara345
Wow your blog looks amazing! I also wanted to be more active, bc im not cycling to school anymore, so ive done 2 10minute Pamela Reif abs workouts each day, today will be my 4th day I recommend them...

Spoiler

Thanks :h: I've just discovered Pamela Reif! She's so good, Im doing her split workout. I want to try her abs, Im just focusing on my cardio at the moment, because I got an apple watch for Christmas, and well, lets say the one thing its taught me is that my heart needs a little attention.

Spoiler

Original post by MiriamL
Aww, you're so sweet! :blushing:
Oml we couldn't be more like twins if we tried. Honestly, I think we're just copies of each other! I love french so much its such a beautiful language! (Nous parlerions en francais ensemble!) Thanks, I was really happy with that result! :banana:

aw ty for calling me sweet :biggrin:
Haha ikr! oof maybe we are! Agreed it is such a beautiful language! Ahh oui oui!
Original post by MiriamL
My First Official Blog Post!

So I don't know how often I will post these, probably just when the mood takes me. But welcome to my first one!

So at the moment, I am just trying to navigate the world of doing GCSEs in lockdown, having a healthy lifestyle, keeping up hobbies and still trying to keep sane while doing so. :crossedf:

As it stands I'm getting teacher grades for Biology, Chemistry, Physics and French, however, the rest of my GCSEs are IGCSE so I'm still taking the exams for them. Personally, it doesn't bother me too much, my school were going to run a full exam-style mocks in May as well as February, so I was going to be doing exams anyway, however, I'm angry and upset because I understand that many other schools didn't get the amount of online learning I did. I just feel really sorry for all those people who are now still having to take some subjects with months of missed teaching. It's not fair for them. :sad: We are a small group, that won't be heard, because as far as cancelling exams goes, the government thinks they have done it because they told OFQUAL to cancel them, however IGCSE isn't under OFQUAL.

I have a few goals for this month, which I'm hoping to achieve, and I hope you'll help motivate me because I really struggle with motivation. The last lockdown, I literally did nothing but sit around all day long, so this lockdown I'm making it my goal to be more active! Part of this is Im going to try and learn to do the splits, it sounds a bit dumb, but when I was little I always wanted to do it and I feel like I owe it to my younger self. I need to get on with my Discover Dentistry course because I've only got three weeks left to do it before I have to pay, and I've got about 4 weeks of work to do (Im really enjoying it, but I just got a bit busy over Christmas and forgot). I also need to do some air cadet exams and try and attend air cadet meetings.
So my goals are:

Finish Discover Dentistry

Start ATC exams

Stretch every day

Do some sort of exercise every day

Finish my knitted cushion cover and start my blanket

Finish learning hallelujah on the piano

Start a skin-care regime

I might add to this list throughout the month when I remember there are things to do, and I will update you on my progress in my next post.

On a final note, It may seem like I have busy life but I always always have time to talk to someone if they want/need it. Whether it’s just to chat because you’re feeling lonely, or to talk or vent about something going on I am always here because you should never have to do this alone. :console:

Love,

Miriam

Spoiler

Reading tht made me realise I need to get back into being productive. Like i really used to be productive but then back in October i went through some stuff and i became lazy af so i really need to get back int being productive.
oooh ur doing the discovering dentistry course! - I've done that course. I really enjoyed it!
some very nice goals Miriam!
oooh a knitted cushion cover! wow! for my school textiles project I'm knitting/crocheting a pair of shorts, a jacket and a bag. I've got like 6 weeks to do it an i don't know if its gonna go okay but oh well.
Original post by 𝔸𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕟 𝔸𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕒
aw ty for calling me sweet :biggrin:
Haha ikr! oof maybe we are! Agreed it is such a beautiful language! Ahh oui oui!

Aww, c'est car tu es gentille! :tongue:
Reading tht made me realise I need to get back into being productive. Like i really used to be productive but then back in October i went through some stuff and i became lazy af so i really need to get back int being productive.
oooh ur doing the discovering dentistry course! - I've done that course. I really enjoyed it!
some very nice goals Miriam!
oooh a knitted cushion cover! wow! for my school textiles project I'm knitting/crocheting a pair of shorts, a jacket and a bag. I've got like 6 weeks to do it an i don't know if its gonna go okay but oh well.

Aww je suis desolee, hopefully, you're feeling better and you can become a bit more productive now! Oui, I'm enjoying the course loads, its so interesting. Ouah, that knitting sounds like a lot to do! It takes me ages! Cependant, prends courage, it will go really well!!
(That was very lazy french i know :redface:)
Original post by MiriamL
Aww, c'est car tu es gentille! :tongue:

Awww, Merci Miriam - tu es gentille ainsi que!

Original post by MiriamL
Aww je suis desolee, hopefully, you're feeling better and you can become a bit more productive now! Oui, I'm enjoying the course loads, its so interesting. Ouah, that knitting sounds like a lot to do! It takes me ages! Cependant, prends courage, it will go really well!!
(That was very lazy french i know :redface:)

merci beacoup Miriam! :hugs:
Ah oui Je suis d'accord avec vous - c'est vraiment intéressant!
Hehe yh a lot of knitting to do indeed!
Thank u! - hope your cushion cover goes well!
(ooof)
Awww, Merci Miriam - tu es gentille ainsi que!

(ooof)

Aww merci :3 Eheh Quelquefois, je prends la peine, quelquefois pas, j'adore le francais mais je suis si parreseuse :u:
Original post by MiriamL
Hello everyone!

Gather round for a new blog, full of exciting, saddening and some what mediocre tales.

My name’s MiriamL and I’m 16, currently in year 11.

My GCSEs are:
Maths
English Lit
English Lang
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
French
History
Computer Science

(RS taken in 2020, achieved grade 9)

My A-Level choices:

Biology
Chemistry
French

Aspiring to do dentistry (keeping medicine as a second option)

My hobbies include:
Cycling
Knitting
Playing the piano
Stroking cute animals
Reading

Things I love:
Jesus
Ducks
Sleep
Alone time

Please enjoy!

Spoiler

Nice title ngl also we have similar GCSEs but I'm taking French, Comp Sci, Business and Geo : D
Original post by MiriamL
Aww merci :3 Eheh Quelquefois, je prends la peine, quelquefois pas, j'adore le francais mais je suis si parreseuse :u:

Je comprends ce que tu veux dire parfois je suis un peu comme ça dans les cours de français - parfois je suis juste un peu paresseux et je ne peux pas me donner la peine de mettre des accents sur les mots.
Original post by SuperiorPotato
Nice title ngl also we have similar GCSEs but I'm taking French, Comp Sci, Business and Geo : D

Aww thanks. That’s cool, do you like comp sci? Personally it’s the only one I regret. I don’t hate it, it’s just not useful and exciting enough for me really
Je comprends ce que tu veux dire parfois je suis un peu comme ça dans les cours de français - parfois je suis juste un peu paresseux et je ne peux pas me donner la peine de mettre des accents sur les mots.

Moi aussi, ooh les accents oui je ne mets jamais, cependant, j’ai besoin de leurs apprendre maintenant! Mon prof dit que je perde des marques à cause de ces...
Reply 55
Original post by MiriamL
Im in a biology lesson xD

:rofl:
Original post by MiriamL
Moi aussi, ooh les accents oui je ne mets jamais, cependant, j’ai besoin de leurs apprendre maintenant! Mon prof dit que je perde des marques à cause de ces...

ah oui mon professeur me dit toujours que je dois mettre mes accents parce que je perds des notes aussi mais parfois ils sont juste déroutants
Original post by MiriamL
Aww thanks! Yeh I do want to do biology! How was it? Did you do much human biology because that's the only bit I find interesting. x

Yes we did a lot oh human biology. Especially the heart, systems of transport in the body e.g blood, tissue fluid and lymph, as well as ventilation (Respiratory system).
I think you will like it lol.
Original post by saji13
Yes we did a lot oh human biology. Especially the heart, systems of transport in the body e.g blood, tissue fluid and lymph, as well as ventilation (Respiratory system).
I think you will like it lol.

Oh that's good, yes I really enjoyed the transport systems in the GCSE but it was only about 2 lessons :frown: which exam board was it?
Original post by MiriamL
Oh that's good, yes I really enjoyed the transport systems in the GCSE but it was only about 2 lessons :frown: which exam board was it?

The exam board I did for A levels was OCR A :h:

Quick Reply

Latest