Centre of Excellence Diploma? Is it legit?

Watch
Ellemore21
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am thinking of doing a Diploma at the Centre of Excellence in Anatomy and Physiology does anyone know if the diploma is recognised by University? I will eventually like to do a BSc. I’m changing career direction, I am working in the medical field in management and mental health but I need to retrain. Also, I have just completed a Biochemisty course at UEA. Thanks!
Macdeff
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
They are not recognised by universities. CoE courses are more for self-improvement, and for "professional development".
Ellemore21
Rep:
(Original post by Macdeff)
They are not recognised by universities. CoE courses are more for self-improvement, and for "professional development".
Thank you for your response. Have you heard of the Distance Learning Centre? Many NHS Trusts have nurses and medical staff train with them (Diploma level). That would be another option for me, yes more expensive however that said, better recognised by universities.

I was also thinking of learning at ICE at Cambridge University, to gain either a CertHE in Genetics or Evolutionary of Biology. Do you know much about that please?
Macdeff
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I don't know about those programs. If you want to pursue something online that has value you should check out edX, they run a large variety of courses, certificates, and online degrees, that are widely recognised by universities and jobs.

If you would like to do something more recognised and official, then check out the Open University. They provide distance learning degrees, for lower prices than a typical university course.

You could also check out Coursea, they're similar to edX.
Ellemore21
Rep:
Thank you Macdeff, I really appreciate your response. I’ve heard of Coursea. But I will look at edX too. I’m swaying towards ICE at Cambridge University at the moment.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.41%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.69%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (139)
26.13%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.27%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (256)
48.12%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.38%

Watched Threads