The Anime society Watch

This discussion is closed.
Lady_S
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
Hello and welcome, always nice to have new members .

Bleach and Naruto are amazing, and I like romantic comedies too (though mostly harem ones e.g. Love Hina).

I used more than half my Christmas money on anime and manga, and I'll often survive on soup for a week if it gives me enough money to buy a DVD or book that I'm after . Most of the anime I watch these days are fansubs, but mainly unlicenced ones and I always buy any licenced one that I watch afterwards.
I'm really into anime but surviving on soup alone, isn't something i'd do:p: i have to say most animes i know i learned by watching on YouTube, perhaps i should start looking at manga now. Started watching Bleach today and it is awesome only on episode 7, i heard it has as many episodes as Naruto i think ,so is it around 2hundred and something + continuing.

Open for any suggestions on animes to watch :p: What's Mai Otome about?
Zeptus
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I am quite a noob within anime but I would recommend both Hajime No Ippo and Hikaru No Go, if you are into development and stuff... According to me they are up there with HxH...
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Lady_S)
Open for any suggestions on animes to watch :p: What's Mai Otome about?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My-Otome

It's a great story, but it's an indirect sequel to another anime, Mai HiME (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mai_hime).

Basicly, they're both different stories with the same characters. Mai HiME came first, so although watching them out of order wouldn't affect the story too much you may not get some of the jokes or referrences. I'd advise watching Mai HiME first for that reason, it's a great story too

Hope that didn't confuse you too much
Lady_S
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have seen Mai Hime, really enjoyed it (i owe the people on youTube again :p: ) i didn't know there was another show linked to it thanx, i'll give it ago, probably will like it wish some of the other charachter were in there ( based on the pic and explanation in wikepedia)
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have seen Mai Hime, really enjoyed it (i owe the people on youTube again :p: ) i didn't know there was another show linked to it thanx, i'll give it ago, probably will like it wish some of the other charachter were in there ( based on the pic and explanation in wikepedia)
I actually preferred it to Mai HiME, and some of the new characters they introduce are really good (especially Arika, she's a far funnier main character than Mai).
jonzza
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hi, i was wondering if any of you could help me with some reccomendations of anime to check out, basically i'm interested in anything similar to Neon Genesis Evangelion, i really like the plot and i'm struggling to find anything quite like it.

I've seen Akira, Appleseed, various Gundam series, Full Metal Panic, Ghost in the Shell, the more 'western' friendly anime titles i suppose, but none of them really came close to the vibe of Evangelion. In fact the closest thing i've found to it are the games Final Fantasy VII and Xenogears (which bares interesting similarities to Evangelion). I like the religous aspects to the series as well as the themes of science/technology ethics and anything involving mecha is a bonus!

So are there any other series/films i may enjoy or is Evangelion one of a kind?
vin
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I actually preferred it to Mai HiME, and some of the new characters they introduce are really good (especially Arika, she's a far funnier main character than Mai).
mai hime was quite a bit sadder i thought, although the ending in otome was much better
vin
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
:rofl:
thats not funny:hmpf:

well actually it kinda is

lol that latest ep of bleach was pretty hilarious:rofl: although im not too keen on having a narrator:wtf?: before in the earlier eps they had the characters telling the story which was much better:confused:
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by vin)
mai hime was quite a bit sadder i thought, although the ending in otome was much better
How can Mai HiME be sadder?

Spoiler:
Show
everyone who dies comes back to life!
Luzvel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
oh oh i want in

i didnt read the last 100 and something ´pages but there seems to be a distinct lack in people watching Bleach and i love it

my Favorite is Elfen lied though

and as for Naruto i watched it up to the 197 episode but tbh it just gets on my nerves

:tsr2:
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Luzvel)
oh oh i want in

i didnt read the last 100 and something ´pages but there seems to be a distinct lack in people watching Bleach and i love it

my Favorite is Elfen lied though

and as for Naruto i watched it up to the 197 episode but tbh it just gets on my nerves

:tsr2:
Hello and welcome

Elfen Lied is awesome . And there's at least two major Bleach fans here, don't worry!
vin
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
How can Mai HiME be sadder?

Spoiler:
Show
everyone who dies comes back to life!

Spoiler:
Show
well yeah, but its sad how they die, and the end was still abit quick fix and still left the series being quite sad, but still good and funny in general
:confused:
vin
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hello and welcome

Elfen Lied is awesome . And there's at least two major Bleach fans here, don't worry!
:ditto:
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by vin)
Spoiler:
Show
well yeah, but its sad how they die, and the end was still abit quick fix and still left the series being quite sad, but still good and funny in general
:confused:
I suppose, but I still found Mai Otome sadder ().
vin
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I suppose, but I still found Mai Otome sadder ().
Spoiler:
Show
well it kinda was since no one was ressurected, or were they i cant actually remember right now, but there was less of most of the main characters dying i think:confused: i need to watch them both again
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by vin)
Spoiler:
Show
well it kinda was since no one was ressurected, or were they i cant actually remember right now, but there was less of most of the main characters dying i think:confused: i need to watch them both again
They weren't.

I only finished watching it last week, and now I'm having to wait for the second episode of the OVA :bebored:
vin
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ah still good ending though
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Brilliant ending, but a little hurried. The first half or so of the first episode of the OVA gives a better view of what happened to the world after Mai Otome ended.
Lady_S
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hello and welcome

And there's at least two major Bleach fans here, don't worry!
I only started watching Bleach, but i'm totally into it, on episode 32-35 now :p: , how many episodes r there so far?
Cyburn
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I only started watching Bleach, but i'm totally into it, on episode 32-35 now :p: , how many episodes r there so far?
114 episodes at the moment, Im up to ep 96
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1582)
79.3%
Leave (413)
20.7%

Watched Threads