Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I would, if I could bear to part with any of them :p: I don't know how many times I've considered re-selling some of the older ones so I can afford the new ones I seem to be ordering on a weekly basis. But I can't, I like my collection and I'm sure that they would all look great if only I had a shelf big enough for them all .

Amazon is good, some of their manga are about £2 cheaper than in shops. Add the free postage for orders above £15 and my NUS student discount on top of that, and I can get four volumes for just over the price of two!
    Cheers for the advice, I bought all of the Yu-Gi-Oh! they have in the UK and when I went to America, I bought what they had (about 9 or 10 books).
    I'm new, so you've probably answered this a million times, but what do you read and what's your favourite as I'm looking to start reading other ones (when I get some money in ) and would like opinions on what are the best.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Devil Kanga)
    Cheers for the advice, I bought all of the Yu-Gi-Oh! they have in the UK and when I went to America, I bought what they had (about 9 or 10 books).
    I'm new, so you've probably answered this a million times, but what do you read and what's your favourite as I'm looking to start reading other ones (when I get some money in ) and would like opinions on what are the best.
    It depends what you're after really. If you want comedy then I'd recommend Love Hina or Negima by Ken Akamatsu. But if you're after something with less fanservice, I'd recommend Azumanga Daioh by Kiyohiko Azuma, it's just as funny only the jokes are less perverted. Depends on your sense of humor really

Other good series are Chobits, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle or xxxHOLiC (all by CLAMP). Their artwork is certainly the best I've seen, but the storylines in all three are a lot more deep than the other three, which are just comical.

I would write more on all the six I've recommended here, but I have a lecture in 15 minutes :p: Just look them up on Wikipedia if you want more information

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Amazon is good, and my NUS student discount on top of that
    Crappity crap! Didn't know you could get a discount at Amazon with NUS cards! :eek: What percentage? How much money have I wasted?! :mad:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Crappity crap! Didn't know you could get a discount at Amazon with NUS cards! :eek: What percentage? How much money have I wasted?! :mad:
    I think it's only available to people with NUS extra cards, if you have one of them it's a 5% discount off anything you buy (excluding marketplace purchaces).

ReputationRep:
    Oh. I couldn't be bothered to get one. Whoops

ReputationRep:
    LOL i never could be bothered as well and now i find out there many places where u can get discounts with the NUS card, oh well :rolleyes:

5% discount aint that much anyway (making excuses)
    although i saw 10% discount in some clothes shops:p:

ReputationRep:
    no new bleach

ReputationRep:
    that amv was great . More than the couple i loved the song, thanx for reccomanding that I do wish they make another season of Fruit Basket
    i wasn't satisfied with the ending (it wasn't bad but there were so many unanswered questions)

ReputationRep:
    I everyone! New here (so bear with me). I'm a big Naruto Fan Which Naruto episode do you think is the saddest? I think it's the one where Sasuke does Chidori on Naruto, and Naruto does that heart breaking speech about Sasuke being a friend (sob).

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dattebayo)
    I everyone! New here (so bear with me). I'm a big Naruto Fan Which Naruto episode do you think is the saddest? I think it's the one where Sasuke does Chidori on Naruto, and Naruto does that heart breaking speech about Sasuke being a friend (sob).

What about you?
    ep 80

ReputationRep:
    Wow
    Ive been looking for the anime forum for ages, used to be on the games forum back a few years ago.. counting 3+ now.

How are you guys doing? I hope the anime soc is going well for you guys, i remember when i used to go. Met quite a lot of nice ppl and all, when Jenna and Adam ran it.

Anyways in 2004, me Utero and Boxtorrent went to Amecon together, and me and box himself have applied for amecon 2007 this year. Just wondering who from anime soc is going too. Its on 10th to 12th august in leicestershire. Its the biggest con in UK to date with over 1200+ ppl.

If you do go gimme a PM, maybe can meet up and stuff.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Sounds good, but I have other plans for that time in the summer :s:

Just heard that AMV manga are intending to continue Yotsubato&!, apparently they have the next two volumes translated and both are due to be released later this year

In other news, I just finished Karin. The ending could have been better, but the overall quality of the rest of the series made up for it. I've decided to watch Death Note next, which is a deviation from my usual < 30 episode rule but since about ten people recommended it to me in one week that has to say something about how good it is .

ReputationRep:
    Ive just finished watching Detective Acadamy Q (genre: Murder Mystery), how they deduct the crime scene and work out how the victim was killed and how teh crime was commited.

1 example was the mystery murder of the sealed room, no windows, door was locked from inside, someone was murdered inside the room....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzianWonders)
    Wow
    Ive been looking for the anime forum for ages, used to be on the games forum back a few years ago.. counting 3+ now.

How are you guys doing? I hope the anime soc is going well for you guys, i remember when i used to go. Met quite a lot of nice ppl and all, when Jenna and Adam ran it.

Anyways in 2004, me Utero and Boxtorrent went to Amecon together, and me and box himself have applied for amecon 2007 this year. Just wondering who from anime soc is going too. Its on 10th to 12th august in leicestershire. Its the biggest con in UK to date with over 1200+ ppl.

If you do go gimme a PM, maybe can meet up and stuff.
    oo thats in leicester. I live in leicester when im not at uni

ReputationRep:
    yup yup, its at the leicester uni... tickets seling like hotcakes, 3 weeks and 1000 ppl have registered from 1200 ish places. Accomadation is going fast which means if u do, may have to find your own hotel or something today.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Only just found out that the Shinigami no Ballad light novels are being translated, I think volume 1 is already out. Only they gave it another name (hence my problems searching for it), I can't remember what the name they gave it was though, but I'm still looking forward to the series

ReputationRep:
    ah finally done with the naruto fillers!:party:

ReputationRep:
    the new naruto is different :s: the music is more cinematic and wierd:wtf?:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Ordered vol.1 of Yotsuba&!, now that it seems certain that ADV will publish the rest of the series

ReputationRep:
    Reading Hack now, starts off really good, anyone else reading / read it? I'm amazed how many mangas there are!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.