Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devil Kanga)
    Anyone who watches Naruto, here's a quick question that I need answering as I lack the ability to download it from the internet (no internet at home...
    ), do Naruto and Sasuke become friends, as they seem to like eachother/ hate eachother/ support eachother, it's kind of confusing...
    And I haven't got all the manga yet (just started and waiting for new card to buy from the internet... my anime/ manga life is depressing!), so what happens to the bite that Sasuke receives from that weird snake guy in the forest of death, I'm dying to know!
    Are you sure you want to know? It's spoils the fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eru Lawliet)
    Are you sure you want to know? It's spoils the fun.
    :ditto:
    its better to watch and find out rather than to read it somewhere

ReputationRep:
    But I can't download it and haven't got sky, I'm so bummed, it's not fair! As soon as I go to uni, I am going to be downloading loads off of the internet, and I'm waiting for my new card, so I can't get any new books either.

I got impatient and sort have looked on wikipedia aswell, is there anything after, not too sure how to do spoilers, but the last thing that's there about Naruto going after Sasuke? God Naruto's got powerful, Sasuke too, I'm impressed, Sasuke was always saving his stupid butt aswell!!!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I'm a bit out of sync with Naruto, but just so you know spoilers are made by typing:

[spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

ReputationRep:
    bleach was good once again, but that narrator at the start really doesnt fit in, its just a random voice. unlike in ep 52 i think at the beginning where there was a recap of everything so far, and it was told by ichigo.

ReputationRep:
    The recap at the beginning is so unnecessary.

@ Devil Kanga : No way, never look at wikipedia! I made the mistake of looking at it to see whether Death Note is a nice anime or not and I accidentally caught sight of what happened at the ending! And it was less thrilling after i watched the anime as i already know how the story would conclude.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Wikipedia should invest in spoiler tags. It only has a small 'Spoiler Warning' message, not much bigger than the font I'm using now (and all to easy to miss while scrolling at speed :s: )

But I still use it to look up anime series, I just read the summary at the top and nothing else :p:

ReputationRep:
    Just watched Death Note 25, totally annoyed:mad: , i get u now eru lawliet,
    Spoiler:
    Show
    im gonna miss ya L and i want some1 to avenge ur death.................... Die Kira:mad: , stupid Light, u evil idiotic spyco

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    It depends on the genre.

If you're after comedy, I'd say Love Hina or Azumanga Daioh.
    If you want horror, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni or Elfen Lied are good.
    For romance, Chobits without a doubt.
    Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle is good for a fantasy.
    And for something crazy that doesn't really fit into any genre, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya or FLCL are good
    Or you could go for one of the longer series (eg Naruto, Bleach etc).

I would give you more info on these series, but I have a lecture to go to now. If any of them sound good, just look them up on wiki/google
    Comedy: Excel Saga, Mahoraba ~ Heartful Days ~ (more from recent years), Tenchi Muyo (all of them), Full Metal Panic/Fumoffu
    Romance: Ah My Goddess OVA/Movie/TV Series
    Mystery Detective: Detective Academy Q, Kindachi Files
    Mecha: Gundam Seed/Destiny
    Longer storyline: Full Metal Alchemist, Prince of Tennis
    Action/Fighting: Kenshin!!!!!

so much out there... u can see www.animenfo.com for top 100 anime, which does help when picking what to watch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devil Kanga)
    But I can't download it and haven't got sky, I'm so bummed, it's not fair! As soon as I go to uni, I am going to be downloading loads off of the internet, and I'm waiting for my new card, so I can't get any new books either.

I got impatient and sort have looked on wikipedia aswell, is there anything after, not too sure how to do spoilers, but the last thing that's there about Naruto going after Sasuke? God Naruto's got powerful, Sasuke too, I'm impressed, Sasuke was always saving his stupid butt aswell!!!
    Put it this way, if we tell you, it will ruin the entire of the first series (over 200 episodes) and would take us an awful lot of space as well, considering it is a major theme in the series.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by AzianWonders)
    so much out there... u can see www.animenfo.com for top 100 anime, which does help when picking what to watch.
    It's actually top 193 anime now . Still glad to see some of my faves ranking highly!

5th Elven Lied (My avatar is from that series for those who didn't know)
    20th Azumanga Daioh
    23rd Haruhi Suzumiya
    31st FLCL
    38th Mai HiME

Surprised to see Chobits at 55th though, I haven't even heard of some of the series that ranked higher than it and I thought I knew most of the popular ones :p: .

ReputationRep:
    5th Elven Lied (My avatar is from that series for those who didn't know)
    cool ur cat guy :rolleyes:
    AJ recommend me some anime - all i've seen so far have been spirited away and howls moving castle, which were amazing!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by kestral)
    cool ur cat guy :rolleyes:
    AJ recommend me some anime - all i've seen so far have been spirited away and howls moving castle, which were amazing!
    Despite it's high ratings, I wouldn't recommend Elven Lied unless you're looking for something very different from the two you mentioned :p: .

I recommend Princess Mononoke, Laputa Castle in The Sky or Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind; or any of the other Ghibli films for that matter. Or if you want a series, see my recommendations to Luton a few posts up
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    ^ Oh, and it's not a 'cat guy' either :mad:

I'm bored and annoyed because my laptop is still dead so I can't watch anime, and I've read all my manga and can't be bothered to buy more online because of the wait for delivery.

Has anyone else noticed the fact that even though several manga volumes are published in the UK each month according to magazines/websites, only about 1 or 2 are ever actually make it to the bookshops? No matter where I go, they always have the fairly old but really good series (most of which I already have), but they hardly ever have any new ones on sale :s:. Or mabye that's just my local area, though I've been to Aberystwyth, Llandudno, Bangor, Shrewsbury, Rhyl and Chester and that was always the case in shops there.

ReputationRep:
    doh watching anime on the net is more interesting than maths
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by vin)
    doh watching anime on the net is more interesting than maths
    Obviously . But I can't watch anything until I've sorted out my stupid PC :s:

Oh, and I forgot to say that I'm now a member of the comitee in Aberystwyth's Anime society, so I get to choose what we're watching next year. Does anyone have suggestions? I need some series that are either non-UK licenced or easily available on DVD, not really popular (the society likes to promote less-known but still brilliant series), and approx. 24 episodes long or less (since we only meet once a week for 3 hours, and we want to show at least 5 full series in that time). Also, we try to avoid overly violent or adult themed anime in order to make sure that nobody finds any of the series too offensive (so 15 rated or below please).

I know that's a lot of conditions, but the comitee managed it this year so I'm sure we'll do so again. I already have a few series in mind myself

ReputationRep:
    ^ Oh, and it's not a 'cat guy' either :mad:
    lol :rolleyes:
    This thread has been dead recently!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by kestral)
    lol :rolleyes:
    This thread has been dead recently!
    It will suddenly spring back to life as soon as there is more news about Bleach/Naruto/Death Note, believe me :p:

ReputationRep:
    Naruto Movie 3 is absolutely brilliant. Sure beats the second one! ^_^

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where I can watch the Naruto Shippuuden episodes, cos Youtube has taken them all down?
    Thanks

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.