The Anime society Watch

This discussion is closed.
fettucini
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've just watched the last episode of sailor moon and I'm sad it's over... But on a brighter note, I've discovered 'Brother, dear brother' and 'Vampire Princess Miyu' Do you guys think those ones are good? I'm really liking them
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Snarf)
I've just watched the last episode of sailor moon and I'm sad it's over... But on a brighter note, I've discovered 'Brother, dear brother' and 'Vampire Princess Miyu' Do you guys think those ones are good? I'm really liking them
I'd never heard of them but I looked them up on Wikipedia, and judging by the dates they were released I think I know why I didn't recognise the names (I'm very much into the really new series, with the exception of a few movies everything I've seen has been from 1995 onwards ).
fettucini
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oh...with me it's the opposite way around! I love the old stuff but I can't say I know much about the new stuff!
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've only been into anime for two years, and I've only really seen what is available in the shops (which usually only have newer series), or unlicenced fansubs (again, mainly new series).
Kagutsuchi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Has anyone ever wondered why in anime, the good guys say "I'll never forgive you!!!!" Just before they're about to kick some arse? :p:

Is this the right translation?
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Can't say I've noticed, but action type anime really aren't my thing (I make exceptions for Mai HiME, Mai Otome, Black Lagoon and a few others).
wiwarin_mir
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by Dattebayo)
Has anyone ever wondered why in anime, the good guys say "I'll never forgive you!!!!" Just before they're about to kick some arse? :p:

Is this the right translation?
I would imagine that is is something of a curse for a Japanese person as their culture is centred around honour. I am thinking that perhaps living life unforgiven is considered to be bad luck and as such something that no-one really desires.
Devil Kanga
Report 11 years ago
I'd have thought that getting you arse kicked is a bigger insult and easier way of losing honour than saying "I'll never forgive you"... I find that irritating too.
Can't really say I've watched that much anime, but it's all over the manga.

Anime:
Howl's Moving Castle
Spirited Away
My Neighbour Totoro
The Cat Returns
Princess Mononoke (rubbish)
Pom Poko (what the hell?!?!?!?)
Perfect Blue (sheer genius!)
Naruto (first 26 episodes)
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (more genius)
Laputa Castle in the Sky
Millenium Actress (again, what the hell?!?!?!?)
Yu-Gi-Oh! (not as good as manga, been turned into kiddy crap)

Manga:
Naruto
Bleach
Death Note
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Samurai Deeper Kyo
.hack// Legend of the Twilight
Vampire Knight
God Child
(and I recommend all of these! )
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
.hack// Legend of the Twilight is great ;yes; Though I must say I also thought Princess Mononoke was brilliant :s:
Devil Kanga
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
.hack// Legend of the Twilight is great ;yes; Though I must say I also thought Princess Mononoke was brilliant :s:
:talkhand: I thought it was rubbish... what a naff storyline. It started off really good at the beginning, but went straight downhill when they decided to chop off the spirit god's head... why would anyone do that!?!?!?!? It just got dumb after that and they ended it really badly.
vin
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
im going to have to agree with AJ on this one :s:
Kagutsuchi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Gash Bell!!!
cheesecakebobby
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
hi guys, haven't posted in ages but just watched some Cromatie High and its so awesome! It isn't often an anime has a gorilla, a robot and a Freddie Mercury impersonator in the same school. Any other fans?
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by cheesecakebobby)
hi guys, haven't posted in ages but just watched some Cromatie High and its so awesome! It isn't often an anime has a gorilla, a robot and a Freddie Mercury impersonator in the same school. Any other fans?
I haven't seen it yet, but it looks good

I've just recieved volume 3 of Yotsuba&! in the post today So far it's been really great, this series has become my favourite in terms of comedy. Glad to see that volume 4 is still planned to be released in July
.Theory
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
shad3alchemist.myanimelist.net
channy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hello guys, I'm a new member
Devil Kanga
Report 11 years ago
Hey, I'm finally gonna get my new card tomorrow so I can buy online (very happy ), now I can read up on all my manga
To newbie, what have you watched/ read/ reading/ watching whatever?
vin
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
damn no new bleach could have done with it after that last exam :afraid:
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I'm now on episode 116 of naruto and have reached a dilemma. Do I watch all of the filler episodes before moving on to Shippenden or do I jet watch up to the end of the manga arc?
channy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think you should just go straight onto Shippuuden, fillers are so damn boring.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (809)
80.42%
Leave (197)
19.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed