The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3040
i disagree with dattebayo, in the bleach opening they said it was the worst ep ever, it wasnt exactly good but i think that tittle belongs to the ep in the soul society arc where they show what was happening in karakura, with the kids and don kanonji and kon :eviltongu
8 eugenius
just finished chobits, was good but a little weird and confusing. Can anyone recommend me a romantic/dramatic anime with a good storyline? cos i cant seem to find many, thanks :smile:
Would anyone recommend KGNE?

I've recently been watching Hana Yori Dango, which has the most convoluted love-hate relationship I've seen in a long time. I prefer the live action over the anime and the manga over either of them, but it wasn't that bad (though I didn't much care for the art style).

I'd suggest Nodame Cantabile, but it's a very subtle romance and concentrates more on the music. It's still a great 23 episode series though and well worth a watch. :smile:

Victorian Romance Emma is always good too. Plus they've finally got around to starting to make the second series so we aren't left hanging. Woo and yay!

I'm sure there's another one I recently watched that I should suggest, but for some reason it seems to have slipped my mind and I can't find it on my computer. Maybe it was a manga or something instead and I'm mis-remembering it.
Ah, Hana Yori Dango *me remembers live action Meteor Garden and F4 (shudders)*

Anybody watched "Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu"? (circa 2002 or 2004)

Methinks it's somewhat like Saikano, but needs opinion...
Hi, only just joined TSR. and while looking on the Socs i found this one. :smile:

I love anime's, well the style of characters, only wish i could draw like that, but unfortunately my art skills don't reach that. Nevermind though.

Well I have only recently really been watching animes. So here is my own list of anime's I've watched:

Bleach - Started watching it a month ago and actually watched 127 episodes within week. I absoulutely love it. Although recent eps have not been too good, the main characters have disappeared lol.

Preater - My mates little sister recommended it to me, Yet again I love it.

Ai Yori Aoshi - I actually watched this soon after i got up to date with Bleach, took me a week again.

.Hack//roots
.Hack//sign
Xenosaga
Ayashi No Ceres

And more recently those i've been watching randomly mostly off Movie6.net

D.N.Angel
Karin
Crescent Love
Death Note - only watched one or two eps though.
Yu Gi Oh - I love it, I really do.
Ah My Goddess
Code-E - However it's new, so I've only watched the first episode so far.
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien - made me cry.
Reply 3044
has anyone watched bleach 135 yet?:confused: it's normally out every thursday...can't seem to find it anywhere though.

@eugenius
started on wolf's rain yet?:smile:
i love spoilers! <3

cheza! :love:

this is when she's dancing with the wolves

uuu...imprisoned:puppyeyes:

*cries*

die, kiba, die :puppyeyes:
Not yet, i decided to watch Azumanga Daioh first ;yes; @Chezua
Reply 3046
8 eugenius
Not yet, i decided to watch Azumanga Daioh first ;yes; @Chezua

tis a good anime series. A little word of adive, ignore anyething I say. I am a useless loser ythjat cannot do anything right. Listej to ewhatever anythone else says aboiut bme, becayse chances are they're tight
wyrdness
I've recently been watching Hana Yori Dango, which has the most convoluted love-hate relationship I've seen in a long time. I prefer the live action over the anime and the manga over either of them, but it wasn't that bad (though I didn't much care for the art style).

I'd suggest Nodame Cantabile, but it's a very subtle romance and concentrates more on the music. It's still a great 23 episode series though and well worth a watch. :smile:

Victorian Romance Emma is always good too. Plus they've finally got around to starting to make the second series so we aren't left hanging. Woo and yay!

I'm sure there's another one I recently watched that I should suggest, but for some reason it seems to have slipped my mind and I can't find it on my computer. Maybe it was a manga or something instead and I'm mis-remembering it.

thanks i'll have a look :smile:

^:eek: :confused: :rolleyes:
Just thought I'd let everyone know my house now has internet, so you'll be hearing from me a lot more than my recent weekly posts :p:

Just for fun, here are 5 snapshots from various anime series. If you're as bored as I am and think you can guess some if not all of the series, PM me your answers :smile:.

Start with an easy one

I recommended this series in my last post.

Can you guess this character from their baby photo? (not difficult!)

Mushroom x Ninja = ?

Possibly the least known of the five series, but she is the main character.
Just to say hi again to all you anime fans.

and again curious as to was there anyone else going to the Amecon in august. Ive booked my train tickets to go down in the morning on the 10th.

PS: Negima Negi Magi and Rozen Maiden artboxes are so lovely.....kawaii!!!!!!
AzianWonders
Negima Negi Magi and Rozen Maiden artboxes are so lovely.....kawaii!!!!!!

I can imagine, both series have great artwork (especially the manga).
Reply 3051
your sigs hypnotic:biggrin:

wiwarin_mir
tis a good anime series. A little word of adive, ignore anyething I say. I am a useless loser ythjat cannot do anything right. Listej to ewhatever anythone else says aboiut bme, becayse chances are they're tight

you feeling alright?:wtf?:
My sig is awesome. Chiyo is the definition of Kawaii.
I just saw that epi a few hours, Chiyo was SOOOOO CUTE, it was probably one of the cutest things ive ever seen :redface:
Azumanga Daioh is great in that it's suitable for anyone of any age, whereas most other comedies are for specific age group.
Reply 3055
vin
your sigs hypnotic:biggrin:

you feeling alright?:wtf?:

At present, apart from hurting practically everywhere because I went out to a club last night, I am feeling fine. In the long run however, I am not sure that I am fine at all. I have severe mood swings and tend to get rather depressed whenever I get upset or stressed.

but never mind. Anime is good for cheering me up.
Reply 3056
Quick advice please, would you download .avi version or an mp4 version of an anime?
W@t3R
Quick advice please, would you download .avi version or an mp4 version of an anime?

For quality, AVI. Unless you want to play it on an MP4 player or something like that. MP4s are smaller but are slightly worse in terms of quality (as far as I know).
Reply 3058
W@t3R

Most anime series I have found on fansub are in avi format, with the only exception being the later one piece episodes that are subbed by Kaizoku. If given the choice, I would go with AVIs because, like AJ said, they are better quality, even if they are larger files.
.RMVB files are the worst. Especially with fast-moving anime, everything is slow and jumpy :s:

I personally download .mkv files whenever possible (though not many sites offer them in that format). The advantage is that you can turn the subs on and off :biggrin:.

Latest