The Anime society Watch

This discussion is closed.
wiwarin_mir
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I've found that generally it is only DVD rips that come in mkv format, but I am sure some subbers use it as well.
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm watching Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai fansubs in mkv format. It took me a while to figure out how to turn on the subtitles though
Truered
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oh my. 10 past one in the morning, completely awake and I've just spent over £100 on anime Theraputical! I'll now own all of Elfen Lied. Picked up half of Cowboy Bebop.

Spent £44 on the Chobits collection 6 disk edition. Just hoping it's worth my money and Chii is as adorable as in the manga.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
(Original post by Truered)
Oh my. 10 past one in the morning, completely awake and I've just spent over £100 on anime Theraputical! I'll now own all of Elfen Lied. Picked up half of Cowboy Bebop.

Spent £44 on the Chobits collection 6 disk edition. Just hoping it's worth my money and Chii is as adorable as in the manga.
Don't worry, Chii is so adorable in the anime. Have they released the Elfen lied boxset yet, or did you have to buy all of the individual volumes?
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Good choices, though I haven't seen Cowboy Bebop it's on my 'to watch' list.
According to Amazon, the box set for Elfen Lied will be out on the 6th August.
And I too can confirm that Chi is adorable in the anime
eugenius 8
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I miss Azumanga Daioh twas a fun series to watch ;yes;
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by eugenius 8)
I miss Azumanga Daioh twas a fun series to watch ;yes;
If you're looking for something similar, there is Yotubato which is written by the same person (but that's only available as a manga); or if you prefer an anime there is Lucky Star (but that's slightly more hyper and there are lots of references to other anime series in it). But yeah, Azumanga is an awesome series, especially when it comes to .gif images .

Attached files
eugenius 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
If you're looking for something similar, there is Yotubato which is written by the same person (but that's only available as a manga); or if you prefer an anime there is Lucky Star (but that's slightly more hyper and there are lots of references to other anime series in it). But yeah, Azumanga is an awesome series, especially when it comes to .gif images .

:laugh: poor Chiyo

thanks AJ, i'll have a look at Lucky Star. I was thinking of maybe watching History’s Strongest Disciple Kenichi or Fruits basket.
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by eugenius 8)
:laugh: poor Chiyo

thanks AJ, i'll have a look at Lucky Star. I was thinking of maybe watching History’s Strongest Disciple Kenichi or Fruits basket.
Can't say I know much about either of those two series, but Fruits Basket is pretty highly rated (25th greatest anime series according to AnimeNfo).
Truered
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
Don't worry, Chii is so adorable in the anime. Have they released the Elfen lied boxset yet, or did you have to buy all of the individual volumes?
Brought the four seperate volumes. Owned one and two, and a few weeks later (I.E this weekend) saw a boxset coming out. Swore and then brought the final two volumes.

In other news I watched Cowboy Bebop the movie today. This was my first foray into the Bebop world...:tee: Spaceships, gunfights, jazz...Faye. What's not to like?
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
(Original post by Truered)
Brought the four seperate volumes. Owned one and two, and a few weeks later (I.E this weekend) saw a boxset coming out. Swore and then brought the final two volumes.

In other news I watched Cowboy Bebop the movie today. This was my first foray into the Bebop world...:tee: Spaceships, gunfights, jazz...Faye. What's not to like?
I would have suggested watching the series first before watching the film simply because the characters make a little more sense.
Chezua
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
@ eugenius
if you've finished with AD, start wolf's rain now :shot:

@angryjellyfish
your sig is so KAWAII!! i couldn't stop looking at it :love: chiyo is so adowwable :puppyeyes:

anyone a bleachist here? i don't understand why episode 135 isn't out yet :confused: is there a double episode next week or what?
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Chezua)
@angryjellyfish
your sig is so KAWAII!! i couldn't stop looking at it :love: chiyo is so adowwable :puppyeyes:
I know :p: I have loads more gifs where that came from, but none of them are long enough to make decent sigs.
Truered
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
I would have suggested watching the series first before watching the film simply because the characters make a little more sense.
I had read the three volume manga series and knew a bit about it so I understood most of it. And I'm hoping for the first 13 episodes to turn up soon so I can set it right anyway

Edit- spelling
Chezua
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
I know :p: I have loads more gifs where that came from, but none of them are long enough to make decent sigs.
you can edit them in photoshop :p: i've got a nice harima .gif where he goes round and round and round @[email protected] have you got any useful links to gifs?
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Chezua)
you can edit them in photoshop :p: i've got a nice harima .gif where he goes round and round and round @[email protected] have you got any useful links to gifs?
I get a lot of my gifs from other forums (which I can't really link to here due to the rules against advertising). But there are a few good ones here: http://www.otakugifs.com/gifdex.php .
eugenius 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
@Chezua
oops i forgot about wolf's rain, will watch it soon :rolleyes: i kind of already started watching History’s Strongest Disciple Kenichi :p:
shellyholmes
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
can anyone tell me the order of the final fantasy films, as i can't seem to find it anywhere. Or alternatively, where you think i should start, having never played the game or anything.:confused:
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by shellyholmes)
can anyone tell me the order of the final fantasy films, as i can't seem to find it anywhere. Or alternatively, where you think i should start, having never played the game or anything.:confused:
As far as I know, they are all stand-alone and it doesn't matter which order you view them in, but I'm not entirely sure :hmmmm2:
Chezua
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
only here for a mo; angryjellyfish, i totally forgot to reply to your PM but arigato gozaimasu! wait, i'd just realised. you're AJ the one who complimented on my chobits sig, aren't you? :puppyeyes:

actually if you watch FF: advent children you get dead confused unless you've watched the others. i didn't even know who sephiroth was and why fans woo at that guy in red cloak (can't remember his name; he appeared in that shining forest me thinks so).

@eugenius
have you watched fruits basket btw? 0_o aww come on, wolf's rain is way better than what you're watching now
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.09%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.38%
No I don't (547)
48.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise