Sorry if this as already been posted, but a great link

Also add me to the society please .
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'll add you to the society now, but if I were you I'd remove that link . It goes against site rules to link to sites showing full anime episodes.

[edit] You'll have to request to join here, just scroll down a bit and click 'Join soc' next to the anime society logo.

[edit2] We now have 111 members
Dream_Catcher
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Thanks for the advise
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No problem
vin
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I feel childish, I have the new pokemon game :proud:
wiwarin_mir
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I'm probably going to be moving in with a friend within the next month or 2 and since initially there isn't going to be any internet, I'm stockpiling anime. at present my collection stands at:

Airmaster
Azumanga Daioh
Battle programmer Shirase
Bleach
Chobits
Cowboy bebop
Daa Daa Daa
Death note
Elfen Lied
Excel Saga
Gun Grave
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Hunter x Hunter
Initial D: First stage
Last exile
Love Hina
Mahoujin Guruguru
Mai Hime
Mai Otome
Naruto
Naruto Shippunden
One Piece
Onegai Teacher
Onegai Twins
Paranoia Agent
Prince of Tennis
ROD TV
Stelvia of the universe
Tenshi na Konamaiki
Trigun
Wolf Rain
Yakitate! Japan

I have got these on my download queue:

Dai Mahou togue
Monster
Full Metal Panic
ROD OVA
Scrapped Princess
Dokuro Chan
Da Capo

Can anyone think of anything else I should get?
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
You have a pretty impressive lot there already, but if you want more in the way of comedy I would recommend Jungle wa Itzumo Hale Nochi Guu.(Yes, that has my no.3 fave theme tune, the catchy one :p: ).

How to put the plot into words... basicly, the main character is an ordinary boy called Hale who lives in the jungle. But one day, his mother brings a strange girl(?) home (Guu). And for no apparent reason, Guu then proceeds to make his life as weird and complicated as possible, using her many strange abilities (mainly, her ability to swallow whole objects of any size).

I'd say it's one of my top anime in terms of comedy, it's just so random .
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
You have a pretty impressive lot there already, but if you want more in the way of comedy I would recommend Jungle wa Itzumo Hale Nochi Guu.(Yes, that has my no.3 fave theme tune, the catchy one :p: ).

How to put the plot into words... basicly, the main character is an ordinary boy called Hale who lives in the jungle. But one day, his mother brings a strange girl(?) home (Guu). And for no apparent reason, Guu then proceeds to make his life as weird and complicated as possible, using her many strange abilities (mainly, her ability to swallow whole objects of any size).

I'd say it's one of my top anime in terms of comedy, it's just so random .
That does sound like a rather interesting series, I shall have a look at it.
vin
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
a bigger shelf perhaps?:eek:
Aksan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If you haven't watched The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya yet then you can't call yourself an anime fan. =P
Truered
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by vin)
I feel childish, I have the new pokemon game :proud:
I purposefully walked into town just to buy it on a nostalgic urge (Red/Blue/Yellow)

Yay i remembered to come back to this topic. My Azumanga Daioh DVD collection is now complete, so I might get around to watching the last 15 odd episodes next week.

As tough as it'll be
vin
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
still trying to understand the Wifi stuff:confused:

been watching chobbits, coyote ragtime show and the naruto movies recently
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aksan)
If you haven't watched The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya yet then you can't call yourself an anime fan. =P
Is that true? I personally have not got the time to watch every single anime series that is released. Who are you to decide what constitutes what makes an anime fan?

I have not watched Neon Genesis Evangelion nor DBZ but that does not mean that I am any less of an anime fan than anyone else. I have seen a very large number of anime series, most of which have never been released over here. I would say that I am a very large anime fan and I am sure most people who have been on TSR a reasonably long time will agree with me, bearing in mind that I started this society.
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Is that true? I personally have not got the time to watch every single anime series that is released. Who are you to decide what constitutes what makes an anime fan?

I have not watched Neon Genesis Evangelion nor DBZ but that does not mean that I am any less of an anime fan than anyone else. I have seen a very large number of anime series, most of which have never been released over here. I would say that I am a very large anime fan and I am sure most people who have been on TSR a reasonably long time will agree with me, bearing in mind that I started this society.
I get that all the time too :rolleyes:. I've never watched Evangelion, DBZ, Bleach, Naruto, Death Note, Inuyasha or any of the so-called 'essential anime'. While I strongly believe in recommending all the good series, I think calling anything 'essential' is overrating it. We all have our own interests in genres, afterall. But while I think that Aksan was very harsh in insinuating that you aren't a 'true anime fan' (no matter how jokingly it was meant to be), I'd still highly recommend The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. It is a very good series :p:.
crazygirl4521
Badges: 14
Report 11 years ago
Who watches BLEACH!
MoOoOn light
Report 11 years ago
thanks anime
Aksan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

Phew, sorry. Didn't realize you'd take me so seriously. It was just my way of saying that I highly recommend it. I'm not doubting your credibility as a fan at all, my apologies.
eugenius 8
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What manga should i get? Fullmetal Alchemist or Negima or something else, i dont have much manga, only the love hina series so i dont know which ones are any good? Is the Fruits basket manga shoujo?
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by eugenius 8)
What manga should i get? Fullmetal Alchemist or Negima or something else, i dont have much manga, only the love hina series so i dont know which ones are any good? Is the Fruits basket manga shoujo?
Go with Negima ;yes;

And Fruits Basket is shoujo ;yes;

In other news, I just spent £30 on a box set for an anime I know little about, because Amazon sent me an email saying it was £10 off if I bought it today (and I can never resist a bargain ). The anime is Rumbling Hearts (AKA Kimi ga Nozomu Eien). Has anybody here seen it, and is it any good? It seems pretty highly rated on most sites, but I thought I'd ask anyhow.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1408)
79.64%
Leave (360)
20.36%

Watched Threads